Thread: would anyone like to check out this flex fuel / meth tune? have a few questions

Potential Tuner

would anyone like to check out this flex fuel / meth tune? have a few questions

I'm looking to see if anyone would like to take a look at the tune I have in my 2016 Z06 which has the following mods: Corsa catback and 3" offroad x pipe (and gutted front cats), Halltech CAI, 160deg thermostat, ported blower/snout, 103mm TB, IW 18% lower, flex fuel sensor and dual nozzle meth injection. I'm a beginner at using this tuning software and although this isn't my tune (tuned by a professional) I'm just looking to see how conservative this particular tune is and just to try to learn overall. I was reading in the GEN 4 section in a thread about how sometimes the flex fuel adder table is zeroed out on some peoples tunes. I noticed that on mine a good portion of it, its just like that, is this the usual way to do this? Is there additional timing being added when I'm running the max e50 mix? Anyways, any help or info anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

APRIL 22.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I don't believe I have the stock file. Car was already programmed when I got it back.

That tune needs some work ha

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Can you share any ideas or where to start/what to look at? I know I'm asking a lot but I'm willing and wanting to learn

Potential Tuner
    Any help here guys??

The way they did the alcohol pe spark adder is not really the table that most people use to add timing for flex. That table would normally be zero'd out and the flex timing table would be utilized. That is at least one thing I saw.

Looks like the Stoich AFR table is "kinda" wrong as well. Also you may need to set the "Min MAP vs BARO" higher to disable LTFT, which you should be doing on flex fuel vehicles. Throttle area is not correct. Max torque per gear needs to bumped up also.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for taking the time to look it over. So basically the way the timing is done is not exactly the correct way to do it? Can you explain more about the max torque per gear having to be bumped up also? What happens when this is not set right?

Lastly, does the amount of timing look to be about right (conservative) or could it possibly take more? This is on a max ethanol content of E50

The alcohol pe spark adder is a useful table and mimics how the factory does flex fuel tunes, nothing wrong with using that table and the flex fuel table for spark adders as long as it is mapped correctly.
    The max torque per gear tables has been added recently, the way this tuner got around it was to lower the torque coefficients in the 'trouble area" to keep the throttle open, by cheating the reported torque to read lower. Now that we have access to those tables, you can max max those out and return the torque coefficients to stock.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    I understand.

What do you think about the timing overall? For the mods I have and running e50 is the timing on the conservative side? Is there more power to be had?(within reason)

Thanks for the explanation. There is so much to learn here.