Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.5 (Beta): VCM Controls & Special Functions improvements for GM

VCM Scanner 3.5 (Beta): VCM Controls & Special Functions improvements for GM

We've fixed a few of the issues with Controls and Special Functions users were having on many GM vehicles.

This includes:
    VATS Relink
    Crank Relearn
    Transmission gear holding

We're still working on some Fan control issues for 2017 GM vehicles.

I also need some testing done on a 98-02 Firebird/Camaro/Corvette. If you have one of these vehicles, please respond here with your vehicle information and I will contact you with instructions if needed. Please do not private message me.

If you were having any of these issues, please test with the latest beta.

I'd like to make sure we iron out these issues for the 3.6 release.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Keith. I have a 2001 trans am. And also tune about three more forth gens for some buddies of mine. I can do some testing for you.
    Last edited by whistler777; 04-25-2017 at 07:13 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a '99 TA, quite a few mods, manual, but still with the original ECU, see the sig...

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

I'm on the way to tune a 0411 F-body with custom OS and hopefully RTT.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Any ETA on when the fan control will work? 2017 Z06 Corvette.

We're looking into that. No ETA

Some feedback from the Crank Relearn for both older VPW and newer CAN GM vehicles would be nice.

Just did the crank relearn on a 2008 Corvette. Wouldn't work on 2.24, or 3.4. Worked perfect on the new beta. I think the addition of the put your foot on the brake prompt has helped, not sure if that was my issue lol. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzpsu View Post
    Just did the crank relearn on a 2008 Corvette. Wouldn't work on 2.24, or 3.4. Worked perfect on the new beta. I think the addition of the put your foot on the brake prompt has helped, not sure if that was my issue lol. Thanks!
    Not having your foot on the brake prior to starting will definitely cause it to not run the relearn.

I don't know if this is mentioned somewhere else yet but I cannot find the cylinder balance test (or any other test except case learn for that matter) in the special functions tab anymore. If 3.4 changed the location of the cylinder balance test I need it asap. I just changed spark plugs and am suspecting a balance issue. I don't want to break my car by driving it until the issue is diagnosed. Please tell me where the balance test is in this version or provide alternative means of accessing it.

Cylinder balance hasn't been added to the VCM Scanner 3.x yet. It's on our todo list.

Cylinder balance hasn't been added to the VCM Scanner 3.x yet. It's on our todo list.
    Are you kidding me? It was on the last version. There hasn't been 1 straight year where I've had more than 50% of the features that are advertised in this stupid product because you guys keep taking them away without our permission. Name 1 other company that just gives their customers the big middle finger every year by "ADDING NEW AND EXCITING SHIT" but takes away basic stuff that existing customers need. Can you guys just for once release something that is actually finished and not half-baked?

Totally wish I'd bought EFI Live but as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Hope my car doesn't blow up because I'm tuning blind.

It's quite easy to run multiple versions, meaning being able to go back and use any version that you preferred. Going from 2.x to 3.x. They completely started from scratch to build a by far better product then 2.x ever was. As a result, not all features have been added to the new platform.
    Persistence is the key to success

You still have the ability to manually disable each injector cylinder by cylinder. That's the same thing the cylinder balance test does.

You still have the ability to manually disable each injector cylinder by cylinder. That's the same thing the cylinder balance test does.

And that's what I ended up doing an hour ago except I don't know if the assumptions I made are the same ones inherent to the canned test. Point is, and I've said this before, why release a new anything if it removes just as much stuff as it adds? It's pretty much universal in software development that you release a new update in order to fix or add stuff, not to go backwards. Leaving out features that worked before means users have to pick and choose between new and older versions? And to that point, I can't even find the old versions because they've been removed.

10SecSleeper: You wouldn't happen to have stored the install file for the 2.X version would you? If you could share it with me I'd be immensely grateful. Can't remember if that one had the broken Pro features like black-box scanning but whichever one had working black-box scanning and cylinder de-activation would be great.

VCM Scanner 3.4 supports black box scanning for all the vehicles VCM Scanner 2.24 did.

VCM Scanner 3.4 supports black box scanning for all the vehicles VCM Scanner 2.24 did.
    Ah, yes you are correct. It was an involuntary firmware update that nuked that feature.

Black box scanning is not nuked. It still works.

Black box scanning is not nuked. It still works.
    *as long as whoever assembles your cable plugs in the ribbon connector to the buttons

We've fixed a few of the issues with Controls and Special Functions users were having on many GM vehicles.

This includes:
    VATS Relink
    Crank Relearn
    Transmission gear holding

I also need some testing done on a 98-02 Firebird/Camaro/Corvette. If you have one of these vehicles, please respond here with your vehicle information and I will contact you with instructions if needed. Please do not private message me.

If you were having any of these issues, please test with the latest beta.

I'd like to make sure we iron out these issues for the 3.6 release.
    I have a 2004 4L60E C5 on the dyno in the morning I can try whatever you need with the latest beta.

Also black box logging hasn't worked on my cable for a long time. I think something is physically wrong with my box though. Waiting on vacation time to send mine back in to be replaced with a new cable.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 04-30-2017 at 11:48 PM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400