Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCM Scanner 3.5 (Beta): VCM Controls & Special Functions improvements for GM

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Black box scanning is not nuked. It still works.
    It does now but about a year ago, perhaps a little earlier there was a good long stretch where it did not work (I didn't imagine it, the posts are in my history) because the firmware was updated and the update killed BBS until it was later corrected in a subsequent update. At that time I didn't have a laptop either so it was a real problem not to have that. Now I do have a laptop, which I bought just to cover myself against such a recurrence.

Correction: Check May 6, 2015. So almost precisely 2 years ago is around the time we lost it.
    Last edited by RRRocketMan; 05-01-2017 at 09:45 AM.

We had 10 new controllers, 20 new awesome features, 30 improvements, 40 bug fixes, and we break a few items along the way... but, we do our best to fix the broken stuff ASAP.

We're not perfect, but, we do our best to put out the best product that we can.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

We had 10 new controllers, 20 new awesome features, 30 improvements, 40 bug fixes, and we break a few items along the way... but, we do our best to fix the broken stuff ASAP.

We're not perfect, but, we do our best to put out the best product that we can.
    I understand where you're coming from. In fact you and I have something in common. We both have customers we have to deal with. In my case, it's the automotive OEMs like GM, Nissan, etc. They're always yelling at me on the phone... "Why are these parts still out of spec? Why are you short-shipping us for our pre-production builds? Why isn't your PPAP ready yet?", and I have to calmly apologize and reassure them that we are going to make things right, knowing full well that none of the above was my fault personally but as a representative of the corporate entity I work for, I have to take the heat, especially when they're bang on right about something.

One thing is certain however. Conflict and criticism drives continued improvement. You make a better product because people aren't happy with what you have and because you don't want to lose revenue to your competition. Are you guys working your asses off? I assume so. Are you making the correct decisions about what to work on? Not in my opinion. That's why any given year, a hundred more cars and parameters are supported but something old that used to work, doesn't. That's bad planning and prioritization. Don't take it personally. I suspect the motivation to maintain or increase revenue from new customers is a higher priority than satisfying the current customer base, which is typical in the private sector but not a good way to get win over your customers.

HPTuners is a good product. It sells itself. The only flaw is the support for it. If your management can take care of the people who pay their salaries by making conscientious decisions regarding software updates, you will have an easy time. My 2 cents.

Bitching doesn't help. Deal with it or use something else to use. (There isn't anything else out there that compares).

Keith what am I testing/looking for on the Gen3 stuff?
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

To be honest, we give far more attention to those that are enthusiastic about features, or bugs, and far less attention to those that are negative about them. After all, we're a bunch of enthusiasts in an office trying to enjoy what we do, hopefully making products our customer can enjoy too.

James, I'll send you a PM.

Tuner in Training
    Hi,

Can't find beta download link anywhere.

Where can I access the 3.5 beta?

To be honest, we give far more attention to those that are enthusiastic about features, or bugs, and far less attention to those that are negative about them. After all, we're a bunch of enthusiasts in an office trying to enjoy what we do, hopefully making products our customer can enjoy too.
    I'm an enthusiast too, otherwise I wouldn't spend so much money on my car, but saying you only want to deal with the happy people is the wrong attitude. Sure we all want to be happy and play nice with each other but this isn't Sesame Street. You run a business. We pay money, you provide a product/service. I'm just 1 "a-hole" saying stuff that other people are thinking but don't want to fight over. You have to listen to the stuff that you don't want to hear in order to survive... and also to have some integrity. Anyway we're getting into "flogging dead horse" territory so I'll shut-up now. Please fix the stuff that's broken asap.

Catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

I've had pretty good luck getting my issues sorted out.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post

Exactly!

Except for my Vehicle Controls to operate my fan on my 2017 Z06 HPT does everything I need it to do. Support always gets back to me within a reasonable time frame. HPT is a great product for sure!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post

Agreed... and another one of my requests is in the new beta - yet again. I can't even begin to document how many times that has happened!

Keith, I have a 2002 Trans Am WS6. Let me know what you need tested and I'll give it a go.
    I build stuff...

I have an 01 Z06. Has a Stroker LS3 in it, but with a 24x reluctor wheel and 1x cam gear so i could keep my stock 411 PCM
    For what it's worth, I have not done a crank relearn yet. Even though I've put a new engine in the car with a different crank from before. Wonder if this is why i get random surges/bucking and P0300 getting set? haha

Shameless plug/request for getting marker viewing added back in Scanner. When street driving the car for a while and it randomly does something small (small surge/buck) that doesn't show up very clearly on a graph, I'd marked it on the MVPI pro, only to find out I can't view the markers lol. Oh well. A brief stab of the gas pedal works as well, just inconvenient i guess
    Last edited by jonofmac; 05-02-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Adding user defined DMA logging and $22 logging would be huge... Cant be that difficult to implement. Same as the VCM editor new feature added in 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_imprezav View Post
    Adding user defined DMA logging and $22 logging would be huge... Cant be that difficult to implement. Same as the VCM editor new feature added in 3.5
    That is on our todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRocketMan View Post

Totally wish I'd bought EFI Live but as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Hope my car doesn't blow up because I'm tuning blind.
    I have both, trust me here, your better off with HPT. If you swing diesel balls, maybe EFI then as they cater to that crowd as that's where all their support resources are going.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Potential Tuner
    I'm having issues with CASE on an Ecotec, I'd love to see if the 3.5 beta addresses them.