Thread: AFR500v2 off by 2 in HPT

Potential Tuner

AFR500v2 off by 2 in HPT

Hi all. Im having a problem with my new Ballenger. It reads on its on just fine, however, its reading a consistent 2+ points off from the box to HPT. I have selected them predetermined afr Ballenger in the channels. The math I came across and tried didn't seem to help as it read the same. I found a download from Ballenger for hpt but it's still off by 2. Here was what was posted on a excel sheet 0.714285714 + 9. I need some help here fellas.

I have a ticket in queue to fix the Ballenger v2 scalars. Should have it done this week.

It will be available via beta only (contact support for beta access).
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Ok when u say beta, does that mean I won't be able to use the new scalars for a short period? I have no idea on how to contact support. I'm sorry I'm learning fast but posting here and getting info is new to me

Potential Tuner
    Keith,
    I'm curious. Is the predetermined parameter for the AFR500 the standard? (9:1-16:1) I as because I have their wide version which reads between 6:1-20:1. I didn't know if that had an effect or not.

I've added the wide version (V2) to tomorrows beta.

I don't know how they're presented/sold to the user from Ballenger.

This is how they're defined in VCM Scanner:
    Ballenger - AFR500 0.6 - 1.1 lambda
    Ballenger - AFR500 V2 0.4 - 1.4 lambda

If the V2 is configurable wide vs non wide, then we should probably change the parameter description to Ballenger - AFR500 V2 (Wide)

Potential Tuner
    Oh sweet! Thank you Keith. The V2 Is the one I will need. So tomorrow, how do I go about getting the beta?

Potential Tuner
    And yes it is configurable via jumper wire inside the box

Please contact support for beta access.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I have been given access to the beta. I have not uploaded it yet as I was also on the phone with Ballenger about this issue as well. Obviously it is a correction in formula that needed to be given. Jarred at Ballenger Motorsports gave me a much needed hand. He gave me this formula 0.357142857143 + 6 for HPT. This was the result

MUCH MUCH better than before where my values were a whole 2+ points off. It is still a smidge off but I will take this over what was previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I've added the wide version (V2) to tomorrows beta.

I don't know how they're presented/sold to the user from Ballenger.

This is how they're defined in VCM Scanner:
    Ballenger - AFR500 0.6 - 1.1 lambda
    Ballenger - AFR500 V2 0.4 - 1.4 lambda

If the V2 is configurable wide vs non wide, then we should probably change the parameter description to Ballenger - AFR500 V2 (Wide)
    First version should be .62-1.1 if memory serves me right. Miniscule difference, but still...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

The #'s i posted were the suggested ranges used for gauge/chart controls. The formula is different, and is visible in VCM Scanner.

Potential Tuner
    has this been fixed yet? with 3.6? I have the AFRv2 (standard) range and ive set in this car for three hours trying to get it correct. the forumula posted earlier did not work for me either.

thanks

NTK sensor
    lambda (.618-1.098) = .618+V*0.096
    Last edited by ahobbs; 09-26-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Solved

Advanced Tuner
    Hi, I am using the latest 4.06 , what should the settings be for the NTK?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZ06 View Post
    Hi all. Im having a problem with my new Ballenger. It reads on its on just fine, however, its reading a consistent 2+ points off from the box to HPT. I have selected them predetermined afr Ballenger in the channels. The math I came across and tried didn't seem to help as it read the same. I found a download from Ballenger for hpt but it's still off by 2. Here was what was posted on a excel sheet 0.714285714 + 9. I need some help here fellas.

I was reading a car, 2015 C7 Z06, via HP Tuners 4.2.12 the other day and noticed the value in HP tuners was a point off compared to the Ballenger V2 display on the box. I transfomed the formula in HP Tuners over to the non V2 Ballenger formula, and the HP tuners value started matching the Ballenger V2 box readout.

I thought this was odd.. Any explanation?

Tuner in Training
    has this problem been solved. I just connected my ballenger and its off by around 2 points. how can I fix this problem

jus1975 send in a support ticket. check the listed values on here and put them into your scanner (wideband input) also try calling Ballenger as im sure they have the scaling you need.