Thread: First Tune File - Please Help!

Tuner in Training

First Tune File - Please Help!

Hi guys,

Appreciate you taking the time to give this a look. Here is the situation:

Car: 1963 Nova
    Engine: 2003 5.3 LM7
    Mods: 224/224 TSP cam with 110 LSA + spectre cold air intake (also changed valve springs for higher lift cam), shorty headers
    Trans: stock 4l60e
    Converter: 3000 stall

DTCs:
    - Engine RPM output circuit (i'm running a Dakota digital dash unit and don't have it hooked up yet so i'm not concerned about this DTC)
    - System lean bank 1
    - System lean bank 2

I'm thinking I have a vacuum leak somewhere that is causing the lean conditions but i'm no expert. I don't believe the wideband readout is accurate in the log file...long story short i'm using an ASPX WB and I don't think I set it up correctly in HP tuners. I've attached the log file and tune file. I had a friend help with the tune. I should note that this log file was started after I had the car idling in the garage so that explains why the temp is up at start.

first drive - lean.hplWes Stock 63 Nova Tune Idle Speed 40% PE & IAT added KPA fuel.hpt

Again, appreciate you guys taking the time to look this over and offer any suggestions.

- Wes

Yeah check for vacuum leaks just to make sure but really it's not that uncommon for it to run lean.

You gotta remember that you have changed a ton of things over the factory vehicle so the factory calibration is not set up to run something with a larger camshaft, after market heads, different o2 sensor placement and a different air intake setup. Being lean is very common because it sucking in more air at any given time over the stock motor.

You'll be re-tuning the Primary VE table and the MAF curve for the changes in air flow to dial in the fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'm seeing a vacuum leak in you're logs

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. Just curious, how do you recognize there is a vacuum leak by the log? Not being combative, just trying to learn.