Thread: Problems with 6l80 on a 2010 sierra.

Advanced Tuner

Problems with 6l80 on a 2010 sierra.

Guys I been playing around into making this tuck to shift right 2nd and 3rd, The truck its making good power turbo 5.3, have run high 11's letting go the gas pedal to shift 2nd and 3rd.

I use the bluecat tool and haven't got any luck, Ive use it on other vehicles and work pretty good just not on this truck. I'm running 29.5 slicks on the back and her stock 3.42.

I'm running the 29.5 tires and they are calibrate for the tire size and the abs, brake and traction control light comes on, and if I don't change the tires sizes at high speed the traction control kicks in and it brakes the truck hard at any time and I have the TCS off on the file. I been play with torque management, shift points, pressure and nothing can make it shift.

Any input on what else can I do? tranny its running a 3600 triple disk yank. Motor 5.3 on 13 lbs, stage 2 btr boost cam.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 02Ls1; 04-26-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Well the light is always going to come on with either way you set it up because the front tires are likely 1-2in taller tires. Use smaller front tires so everything matches or pull the ABS fuse at the track.

When you say it does shift, it is just smacking redline and hanging or what is happening? Have you tired lowering the shift speed so it can shift sooner?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Don't forget Fast tq Exit, Trans input max and Default trans limit / Trans side - upshifts - disable - shouldn't have issues with the earlier ones doing this
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    5FDP
    Sorry if understood me wrong I was in a hurry typing, the truck shifts letting go the gas if I don't let go the gas it just like it hits the wall stops the truck. Sometimes it redlines and shifts but it takes a while. I have try lowering the shift speed.

What is the converter slip at the top of second?

Also what is the delivered torque?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Don't forget Fast tq Exit, Trans input max and Default trans limit / Trans side - upshifts - disable - shouldn't have issues with the earlier ones doing this
    What should modified on the fsst tq exit, trans input max and the default limit?
    Another thing I have to insert whatever timing I want at WOT in the Spark ramp out - spark minimum - TqMgt, in spark advance table if not this truck will be at -3 to 0 degrees of timing. I just disable the upshift table and will put back to stock the spark ramp out to check if I see timing at WOT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rbooth View Post
    What is the converter slip at the top of second?
    I will have to check tomorrow, I do feel slip when I give it some gas around 30/40% throttle when it shift to 2nd and 3rd I feel and I see the rpms slip like 800 to 1000 rpms.