Thread: Throttle issues, 2014 Corvette with P1-SC

Tuner

Throttle issues, 2014 Corvette with P1-SC

Hey guys, looking for a little help here. Got a 2014 Corvette with headers and a P1-SC that was tuned somewhere else. The shop sold him a tuner kit since they have an in house tuner, so no base M7 procharger tune was included. This guy was a previous customer of mine, but I told him I wasn't 100% on the DI stuff, so I recommended he find someplace out of town that he felt good about. I'm not looking to embarass anybody here so I'd prefer not to mention who did the tune.

The primary concern the customer has is that when he rolls into the throttle, around 4,000rpm the car "shuts down," then comes back alive and finishes the pull. I told him I was 95% sure it was related to the throttle body closing, but after playing with the DD, peak torque, and PE enabler settings I can't really get anything resolved.

For the DD table, I tried smoothing the top few rows up the table into the lower TP% rows. No change. Set back to previous settings.
    For the peak torque, I tried setting it to a stock procharger canned tune settings, plus 10% ballparked for headers. No change, set back to previous settings.
    For the PE enable settings, I lowered the setting so it would kick into PE around 2,500rpm to make sure it wasn't a fueling issue. No change, set back to previous settings.

The only thing I didn't play with yet is the virtual torque tables, but given what it's doing I can't see them being the root of the issue.

Now on to the attached files...
    I know the peak torque setting is not set right, since it is not a limiter table as the previous generations.
    I know the MAF table looks a little funky. I have not hooked up my wideband on this car, as I felt I was really hunting for a throttle issue.
    This car has a known issue on one bank which shows its head on the oxygen sensors, which resulted in turning off the LTFT's (which I did). Otherwise one sensor would max out fuel trims and need them reset every couple of days, or the car would obviously run poorly.
    I found I had to modulate the throttle a little around the 4,000rpm range to get the issue to show itself. The next to last "pull" on the attached log is where it finally did it.

I've attached the original tune and a scan file from that tune, if anybody with some experience can lend some insight I'd appreciate it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Camaro SS

Tuner
    Also wanted to add, from what I can see in the logs, it appears that whenever it does this (regardless of the pedal position) it cuts throttle back to about 30-40% before opening it back up.
    2016 Camaro SS

I would recommend putting a LS9 map sensor in there and properly dialing in the VVE and maf tables. Also breakout the baro sensor from the maf harness if that has not been done yet, put peak torque table back to something realistic, and finally set the PR Ratio limits under the throttle body tab, to 1.0. Also the kr decay rate should be brought back to a more realistic setting. That was just glancing at the file.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I can look later... but Veeee sounds right on..
    Look for exhaust leak on the bank adding fuel... probably the culprit there

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Thanks for taking a minute to respond guys, I appreciate it.

When he first brought it by a year ago I gave it a once over for leaks, the original shop that installed it checked it out and two dealerships, and nobody has seen any physical (or audible) indications of a leak. I believe he even had a smoke test done as I was insistent it had to be a leak, with I believe only a pinhole leak near the collector.

At the moment I've held off of going completely through it as he was just looking to get the hesitation remedied, and didn't want to pay for another tune. Even though it's not the "right" way to send this car along, is the baro sensor likely the culprit of the hesitation here? I'm trying to avoid a scenario where he ends up with a bill and a similarly running car that still has this hesitation, and me knowing I don't have a full grasp on the throttle management to resolve it.
    2016 Camaro SS