Thread: Timestamp of when licenses were used

Potential Tuner

Timestamp of when licenses were used

I've searched, but maybe I'm not using the right search terms. I emailed support, but I can't get a straight answer. How can we see when licenses were used? I understand that reselling or purchasing a used unit can be risky, but there should be a way to validate when credits were used. Otherwise, what stops a seller from capturing credit info from the MPVI, and later using those credits without the knowledge of the buyer? A buyer can also immediately use credits and claim the credits weren't available after receiving the MPVI. The website login also doesn't track how many credits were used. How can we be protected? For a lot of people, 8 credits is way more than will be needed when using for a personal vehicle, and it's unrealistic to expect us not to resell.

Potential Tuner
    Really hoping to get some response from someone representing the company. Did I post in the wrong place?

The interface most certainly stores the time the device was first used as well as a timestamp for each time a license was created. Are you referring to fraud being conducted once sold on Ebay? Leading to chargebacks? I considered that happening which is why I haven't tried going that route with mine.
    Persistence is the key to success

We can't manage the used interface market. That's between the buyer/seller and disputes would be handled by the broker they use (ebay, paypal, etc..)
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...