Thread: Invalid checksum

Invalid checksum

Hi guys

Attempting to download, and am getting "invalid checksum"
    Im assuming this has been tuned previously and has had an operating system change?
    Is there anyway around this? or flash to stock and try again?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the exact same issue on a 2000 Camaro right now, also a P01 ecm. Haven't done one of these in a while, not sure if that is related. I also just updated to the newest suite to see if that helped and nothing. I know it was recently tuned with a different hptuners so it can't be locked.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issue. Any luck?

Potential Tuner
    Resurrect the dead here. did yall get this figured out? if so how? I am hitting this same thing now.

Potential Tuner
    Update to latest VCM Suite and try to read again. It's either new stuff that HPTuners isn't set up to read correctly or it could be a 'locked' tune from an aftermarket company. I've ran into my personal vehicle tune being 'locked'(unreadable) by VCM Editor.

See here for more detail: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...lash-this-file

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I had later came to the conclusion that it was locked by another tuner and bought another PCM from the junkyard.

If you have previously read and saved the file from the PCM and are now getting this error, try flashing the previously saved file. Should fix the invalid checksum in most case. Atleast this is my experience with that error.

Potential Tuner
    Let's bring this back again. I just got the MPVI3 and hooked up to my 2002 Camaro. It has been tuned by a guy I'm still in contact with that says he has never locked a PCM before. He used an older MPVI and hasn't tuned it in like 2-3 years. But my new scanner returned the Invalid Checksum error when I tried to read the file. Scanner connects to vehicle but can't get it to read. All of our PCMs can be corrupt!

Tuner
    Same issue reading a 98 Corvette says its stock computer no tuning. Tried latest version of VCM and even the beta version. Anyone figure this out?

Potential Tuner
    Same here. 2001 Trans am Firebird, previously tuned, not locked. I get 4.8% download, then I hear some relays switch, the fuel pump kick in then "invalid checksum". I am able to record data through VCM scanner.
    Last edited by tybjarnason; 04-16-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Same issue, but was a known water damaged P01, factory tune. Write entire fixed it.

anytime i get this message its because of a handheld tuner, i had to have a dealership reflash the computer
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    8psi