Thread: switching tunes

switching tunes

Is there anything out yet that will let me tune my 6.0 and switch between tunes easier than my laptop and interface also any tips for a hot tune ive been running innovative diesels extreme street and i was working on some vats for a guy and i had my computer open on the console and got the idea hey i wonder if i can read the ecm from this tune and then load the stock in and read that well i guess its locked or it won't acknowledge a tune wrote for an sct x4 because it said something about a checksum or something so i just put it back stock and read the stock file and am thinking about tuning it myself instead of paying them another 100 bucks for a hotter tune i know im rambling but im pumped

I think you can use an nGauge to load tunes on those. Were you able to read the tune and got the checksum error when you opened it? If so you could just copy all the parameters to your stock tune.

it wouldn't open it wouldn't let me click on the engine icon or os tab only the diagnostics or i would do that and just work off there tune but i think because it was off a sct tuner it wouldn't let me do anything with it because what ive read you can load these tunes onto an edge tuner but never seen anyone putting any on a sct