Thread: Minimal test bench?

Tuner in Training

Minimal test bench?

Does anyone know what the minimal config is to get the body module, dash, and ecm up and running together, networked via CAN? I'm wondering if I had those three on my bench, connected power and networking, if they'd wake up and run. Or are there other "not optional" modules that must be present?

This is from a 2015 Corvette Z06... I'd like to get a copy of my ECM, BCM, and dash (dealer will set up the ECM for me, and perhaps the BCM if it must be flashed too) so that I can monkey with CAN and GMLAN and not brick my originals.

Look up global A and good luck! I'd be interested to see the results.

I have an ECM, TCM and BCM running on the bench, I also added FPCM, Instrument cluster, Immobilizer, serial gateway and keyless entry modules but they are not necessary for most programming.
    Basic powers and grounds, data lines and serial data wake up is all that is really needed.
    The ECM will fail writing the VIN if it does not see the BCM with the same VIN in the chain.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.