Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 s550 twin turbo help needed... 10psi only 400whp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SYCK SS View Post
    I was working on scaling the MAF because of all the changes being made to try and diagnose it.

here was the final pull at 690whp

Attachment 68750
    Your fuel trims look a lot better at WOT now then they did when you posted the first log.

2000-3500 rpm you are +/- 1% < this part is good
    3500-6500rpm you are -5% < this could use a little less fuel
    6500-redline you are +3.6% < this needs more fuel(you were getting .80-.82 lambda when commanding .78)

So there is a little bit of adjustment you can make you can make up top to avoid leaning out, it looks like you ended up running .80-.82 lambda when you were commanding .78. So multiply that MAF range by 1.03 and you should be able to get that cover to zero. The negative fuel trims you can correct multiply that period by .95. That should get you in the +/-1% range at WOT.

From there I would recommend driving the car around, a good 30-45 minutes worth of casual driving should be enough to populate enough data to calibrate the rest of the MAF curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Your fuel trims look a lot better at WOT now then they did when you posted the first log.

2000-3500 rpm you are +/- 1% < this part is good
    3500-6500rpm you are -5% < this could use a little less fuel
    6500-redline you are +3.6% < this needs more fuel(you were getting .80-.82 lambda when commanding .78)

So there is a little bit of adjustment you can make you can make up top to avoid leaning out, it looks like you ended up running .80-.82 lambda when you were commanding .78. So multiply that MAF range by 1.03 and you should be able to get that cover to zero. The negative fuel trims you can correct multiply that period by .95. That should get you in the +/-1% range at WOT.

From there I would recommend driving the car around, a good 30-45 minutes worth of casual driving should be enough to populate enough data to calibrate the rest of the MAF curve.
    I appreciate it. Still working on the fuel MAF and fueling and put it on the street for that exact reason.

I really appreciate the help again.

+rep for Murfie on noticing the problem. I would have been chasing a boost leak and my own sanity for a while.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    +rep for Murfie on noticing the problem. I would have been chasing a boost leak and my own sanity for a while.
    Curt@injected questioned it first.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SYCK SS View Post
    ***update***

it was the damn IMRC... even being in front of the air filter it was still creating enough suction to close em. Thank you everyone. you are all great

first pull with it correct made 667whp / 714tq
    Can you define enough to close them?