Thread: Shift light control **Copperhead ECM**

Advanced Tuner

Shift light control **Copperhead ECM**

So I was browsing a 14 GT500 file and noticed they use the Copperhrsd 2048k ECM just like the Coyote. While looking it over it seems they have control over the shift light RPM. Has anyone tried contacting support to see if they could add those tables in for the Coyote? Would be great if we could adjust the shift light for the cars that go with the high RPM manifolds. I am going to email support here in a bit and see what they say

shift light.PNG

Senior Tuner
    That would be very nice. I've had customers ask about it before.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    That would be very nice. I've had customers ask about it before.
    Yeah I sent an email to support to see if they could add it so I could test it out. I have a few boss manifold cars that would benefit from this, not to mention my personal car.

Advanced Tuner
    Do some of the 5.0 cars have an actual shift light or just the shift arrow that's what that table is for. The gt500's SVT emblem lights up as a shift light where ever you set it but it is done with the cluster controls in the car.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    Do some of the 5.0 cars have an actual shift light or just the shift arrow that's what that table is for. The gt500's SVT emblem lights up as a shift light where ever you set it but it is done with the cluster controls in the car.
    Here is what it looks like on the coyote, the entire tach turns red. Stock it's goes off around 6800rpm I believe.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 6.38.37 PM.png

Somewhat related but has the gear indicator been working for you on the 11-14 cars in D? I enabled it in the tune but I don't remember actually seeing it on the dash like I do in my buddy's 16 Ecoboost while in Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Somewhat related but has the gear indicator been working for you on the 11-14 cars in D? I enabled it in the tune but I don't remember actually seeing it on the dash like I do in my buddy's 16 Ecoboost while in Drive.
    I've tried enabling it too in Drive and even at one point all the selections and it doesn't seem to display on my 2011 with a 13 calibration. Anyone got this to work?

Advanced Tuner
    I sent support the files on May 2th and am still waiting for Corey to respond back on whether it can be added to the Coyote strategies as well...trying to be patient and not big him, but it technically has been 16 days since he last responded to me

I want to throw my two cents in. I didn't realize that the HPTuners for the GT500 ECU supports a shift light. I would very much like this functionality in the Mustang GT ECUs (if possible). When you hear back from support, update us. Thanks.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Gt500 shift light isnt controlled in the ecu its controlled with the options on the cluster.....the little upshift arrow is controlled by the ecu though but its not really a shift light

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    I turned it on in the tune on my 14 but it doesn't work.