Thread: tunes

tunes

has anyone put down a documented horsepower number higher than whats been done by a companys tune like php or innovative or gearhead just to name a few or does the sct software have more tables in it to build horsepower im struggling with mine which i am still new but my innovative extreme street tune is hotter than anything ive built for my truck and cleaner im close now but im smokey and lagging but once it lights shes gone and this is without any ficm tuning

Tuner in Training
    I do have some track times of my truck tuned with hp vs PIP tunes and it was quicker. Altough i didnt like running as much timing as i was but it did the job.

see thats something im fighting now like how much is to much on the timing its not like a gas where you get a spark knock and i can't find any info on custom tuning so i just been playing with it here and there add some timing on the lower end like 2k to 2500 im almost at 12* thru out the graph and trucks running strong im still a bit smoky getting on it but im working on it my innovative tune rocks it lights the turbo and goes but its super clean like no smoke at all so i have been trying to mimic that tune with some added fuel for alittle more

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbswrecker View Post
    see thats something im fighting now like how much is to much on the timing its not like a gas where you get a spark knock and i can't find any info on custom tuning so i just been playing with it here and there add some timing on the lower end like 2k to 2500 im almost at 12* thru out the graph and trucks running strong im still a bit smoky getting on it but im working on it my innovative tune rocks it lights the turbo and goes but its super clean like no smoke at all so i have been trying to mimic that tune with some added fuel for alittle more
    Not on my PC but later ill post the tune i ran with duel fuelers. Had a hella lot of timing added.

i was trying to open in beta thats why this tune is on a 6.7 im 6.0 but 12* is it running good at that
    Last edited by gibbswrecker; 05-06-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientcitycustoms View Post
    Not on my PC but later ill post the tune i ran with duel fuelers. Had a hella lot of timing added.
    With the Dual fuelers do you notice large differences between actual and commanded pressures? I'm noticing about a 9,000PSI difference at times and it seems it may be causing injector rattling. Do people tune down the Fuel rail pressure set points with dual fuel pumps?

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    On a 6.0l the injection system is ultimately controlled by the ficm. Now that ficm tuning is out there you can lower or raise your pulsewidths. You can turn up your hpop pressure or lower it. I would lower it until you around the rpm you get full boost. Even without messing to much with the hpop table I got an 04 to make good power and drive with virtually no smoke. Stock injectors fyi.

support sent me a beta file but its giving me a error of not my ficm and all that if i make any changes i will loose all other data did you have to liscene both controllers when you did yours i took sct off i did a read with beta and liscened it when it finished well i did a bunch of adjustments and went to load and it asked me to liscene again now i only had 2 ford credits to begin with so i used them already im lost support said i needed to get my ficm fixed but truck runs with 48.5v on a constant

Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    On a 6.0l the injection system is ultimately controlled by the ficm. Now that ficm tuning is out there you can lower or raise your pulsewidths. You can turn up your hpop pressure or lower it. I would lower it until you around the rpm you get full boost. Even without messing to much with the hpop table I got an 04 to make good power and drive with virtually no smoke. Stock injectors fyi.
    Looks like the 6.4 had duty cycle adjustments(screenshot). I think we need the ability to change these on the 6.7 to properly tune for dual pumps.
    Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 8.44.34 PM.png

does anyone have any pointers for a tune ive gone over all the tunes in the repository and modded them i just can't get it to do what im looking for i want a light haze with a hard pull

trail 2.hpt

ok so ive redone somethings and i am getting close to my goal i want to stick her on a dyno to make sure but o well if you all don't mind will you look at it and see what you think it needs
    Attached Files Attached Files