Thread: 2006 Wrangler DTC SES/MIL Question

Potential Tuner

2006 Wrangler DTC SES/MIL Question

I have had HP Tuners for my C5 corvette for a while, but just recently got it for my 06 wrangler rubicon with an I6. In VCM Editor for the wrangler, under DTCs, there is not a drop down list to select different functions like there is for the corvette version. The only options are checkboxes for MIL and SES. I am trying to get the specific parameter to send an "ok" signal to the PCM, but cannot seem to do that regardless of which combination of checkboxes I have checked. I was unaware that the different vehicle platforms had options specific to each of them.

These are emission related DTCs I am trying to squash without the CEL on all the time as I am using this vehicle for off road uses. I cannot seem to get the CEL to turn off. I know this is an odd question, but does anyone have any input on this?

If they are unchecked your CEL should not be on. Even if SES enable is checked and MIL is not, this means the code will come up if you read the codes with a scanner, but MIL will not be on. Yes, unlike the GM stuff you can't select when it does, 1st error, 2nd error and so on. They are ON or OFF, check or no check.