Thread: Os is blank. Trying to turn off VATS!

Tuner in Training

Os is blank. Trying to turn off VATS!

I want to make sure that the VATS is turned off but when I go to OS it is totally blank. This is my first time playing with HP Tuners so I want to so this correctly.

Post the tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I'll post it when I get home from work.

Tuner in Training
    I can't seem to find out how to post my tune.

Advanced reply, attachments.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Post the tune file.
    Ok, I hope this works!
    Attached Files Attached Files

VATS is not located under the OS tab on this computer, it's under the systems tab.

If you see nothing under the OS tab it's because you are in basic view in the editor. You need to change that to advanced view. Edit > view > advanced. Now every table that can be changed is there for you to view.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for not giving the details of what I have. It's a 01 2500 Silverado 6.0 0411 ecm, 02 LQ4 block, cammed, ls3 heads and intake, 42lbs injectors. Now I had this engine running before but I switched from Carb'd to Fuel Injection.

Tuner in Training
    Man, that is a big difference! But the Vats is still not in the OS. But I see it in Systems under General and I have it on None, is this correct?

VATS is not located under the OS tab on this computer, it's under the systems tab.

I know it's not there, it's why I already told you that.

Setting it to none means it's disabled.

Aside from that you need tons of other changes to the tune file just to get it up and running somewhat okay before you spend several hours re-tune all the airflow and fueling tables.

Tuner in Training
    I know it's not there, it's why I already told you that.

Setting it to none means it's disabled.

Aside from that you need tons of other changes to the tune file just to get it up and running somewhat okay before you spend several hours re-tune all the airflow and fueling tables.
    Yes I know, that's why I am here looking for as much help as I can get. Can you PLEASE lead me in the right direction!!!!! And I am really greatful for the info that you have provided to me thus far.

What more did you want to know?

You initial VATS question has already been answered.

Tuner in Training
    From what you have seen and mentioned that it's going to take more to what I have in my tune to get it started. So I would like to know what will I have to do to get it started?

Tuner in Training
    And thank you for answering the VATS question.

At the very minimum you need to change the injector flow rate to match the size injectors you are running. If they came with injector data you'd input that information there. If they didn't come with data you need to source it somehow.

If you are still running a MAF sensor you should be able to atleast start it with the injector data changed in the tune file and it should run but not very well.

If you aren't running a MAF sensor you need to set the MAF fail high under engine diag to 0hz and the set the 3 MAF dtc's to fail on first error. Then wire in a seperate intake air temp sensor to somewhere in the intake tubing. The IAT is built into the MAF harness.

Delete any used sensors DTC's, like rear o2 sensors, EGR, EVAP if they apply to you. Disable the Cat over temp (COT) settings in the engine tab.

Past that it will be Primary VE tuning and MAF curve tuning or just VE if you aren't running a MAF. Playing with idle airflow tables to get it to idle and run right. Lots of reading is ahead of you for what needs to be done.