Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRPP Crate PCM and Aftermarket Calibration Support : Extra Steps

FRPP Crate PCM and Aftermarket Calibration Support : Extra Steps

For the FRPP Crate Engine Controls packs we support and certain aftermarket calibrations, the controller is not automatically identified by the VCM Editor software. You must verify your controller type and select the appropriate controller in order to read and license the calibration. (See Screenshots below)

At the end of the read, you will be prompted to generate an OSID for the controller:

Hit OK to complete the process required for licensing.

Now you can licence and flash the controller.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

This should help with ECU Identification:

Copperhead

TC-1767

TC-1797

TC-1791

Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

@Eric will this also work for PCM's with renamed OS doing with SCT?

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    No.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

All of the aftermarket operating systems we support now have DMRs defined, in the latest beta. The above steps MUST be done to get logging to work on many of them.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuning Addict
    You said to get "logging" to work on them - the above is addressing "tuning" unless I'm missing something here Eric... Is there something that specifically has to be done to get the scanner to work with the A/M OS's that I just overlooked?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Hi Eric,
    I'm not having any luck getting the licensing to work with my crate Copperhead PCM. I'm able to read the file, but can't save or write to the PCM. The OSID error didn't show up after the read. Is there any other way to get there? btw, I'm using editor version 3.6.26

EDIT: if anyone else runs into this issue, the fix for me was using version 3.7 beta.
    Last edited by fiveohpatrol; 10-27-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by fiveohpatrol View Post
    Hi Eric,
    I'm not having any luck getting the licensing to work with my crate Copperhead PCM. I'm able to read the file, but can't save or write to the PCM. The OSID error didn't show up after the read. Is there any other way to get there? btw, I'm using editor version 3.6.26
    Email support with your read.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thanks again for the info

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    All of the aftermarket operating systems we support now have DMRs defined, in the latest beta. The above steps MUST be done to get logging to work on many of them.
    @Eric

Does Hptuners Save/export Aftermarket OS to nGauge?
    Last edited by LastPlace; 12-11-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    @Eric

Does Hptuners Save/export Aftermarket OS to nGauge?
    If you do the original reading with an MPVI, it should work via nGauge export. If you read via nGauge, it depends on which controller and OSID you are dealing with. Some of these require quite a bit of work behind the scenes to work properly, and this happens right after read with an MPVI.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner

Coyote gen 2 hardware ??

Hey Eric. Can you help me find the correct hardware for this newer pcm I have that is not listed. CM-12A650-DRA. Its for the 2015-2017 coyote gen 2 motor. Standard control pack for manual transmission. Similar to TC 1791 Except has the numbers I gave you. Can you help me please

Tuner
    Eric, I have an 5.0 coyote mounted on the engine dyno. I took a lot of effort to mount and wire ecu. I was hoping to tune this engine but I am enable to license.
    I am able to perform a read using coyote 2048k but it never generates either a osid or vin. I tried the latest suite and Beta version to no avail. also tried reading ecu by picking all available ford ecu options the only one that works is the coyote 2048k. the ecu is a FRPP ecu offered by ford.
    ECU
    VXT3
    Pn: BR3A-12B650-AVD
    BR3A-12B684-AC
    P\N; 5WY8904GBBK
    S\N; 6000121601

Help!
    sent an email yesterday to HP support no word yet included to read file
    hintoncoyote50sniff1.hpt

frppecu.jpg
    Last edited by obd2; 08-30-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Nobody is able to help out with Ford Racing Track Cal?

For the FRPP Crate Engine Controls packs we support and certain aftermarket calibrations, the controller is not automatically identified by the VCM Editor software. You must verify your controller type and select the appropriate controller in order to read and license the calibration. (See Screenshots below)

At the end of the read, you will be prompted to generate an OSID for the controller:

Hit OK to complete the process required for licensing.

Now you can licence and flash the controller.
    Eric,

When will the VCM editor apply the DMR patching to the 2018+ aftermarket calibrations?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    No.
    So if a car was tuned with SCT first, you won't be able to tune it with an HP Tuner?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRed94 View Post
    So if a car was tuned with SCT first, you won't be able to tune it with an HP Tuner?
    Id also like to clarify this. i still cant read the file from my 02 gt. have had contact with support on the issue and explained the ecm had been previously tuned. that did not seam to be a concern and was told the HP software was working out some kinks. waited 2-3 months.... recently got an email stating the new beta should fix it. installed latest beta and updated mpvi2 firmware. scanner picks up vehicle with no issue, logging works fine. engine has had pro-charger installed for about 10 years now. was tuned by local shop using what i imagine was SCT software after install.
    it would defiantly be a bummer if this is the case, but not the end of the world. would just like to know what the answer is.
    any input would be much appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Completely New to the Forum and trying to figure out what I need to buy for a 5 year project I am a OLD GUY with years of experience with Vehicles just not a Coyote.

1. I have 1967 Ford Crew Cab Short Bed with a 2015 M-6017-504V Control Pack on a 4 year old project up and Running with a new M-6007-M50A FRRP Coyote in it.

2. I never wrote down or took a photo of the PCM, yes stupid but didn't know if they are all the same or not for Calibration----I was new to this CRATE idea and the Package was new at the time I started the project.

3. It is BURED behind CUSTOM BODY PANELS and will be an absolute Pain to get too.

4. Are Control Packs not Calibrated in 2015 from FRRP as the same?

5. Does anyone know the CODE like the Instructions show above with TC-1791???? Or can they be different for every engine sold?

Vehicle is up and running and needs to be tuned for the Headers and Custom Intake and is Throwing the Check Engine light but I can't read any codes on any of my Buddys HP or Snap On readers?

I want to buy from HP and learn how to do this, just trying to avoid two days of disassembly.

Thanks
    Bear Becker

Potential Tuner
    Hi Eric I'm new to HP tuners and I have a question for this thread. The ECM that came with the controls Pack I purchased from ford does not show up on the list of ECM's in your list of controllers. What I have is the Resized_20201107_125900.jpg is it the same as the 1791 continental?

Email support Eric very rarely checks the forum.