Thread: Ok, first time....for this...

Tuner in Training

Ok, first time....for this...

Searched and didn't see anything right off, licensed the car, wrote the tune, logged it, got back and made my changes, went to write the file and now it says vehicle not licensed.
    What happened? The VIN is in the MPVI so, I'm lost....help me out.....lol.

Tuner in Training
    email sent to support with interface info

You must read the OS first (download the current tune from the ECU). Then modify the calibration as you wish, then license it. It should work then.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    Yup, I had downloaded the file, licensed it and the car (2credits) and modified it, wrote back to the car, did a datalog, revised the tune, went to load the revision and boom, says unlicensed vehicle.....emailed support with info and I'm on standby.

That's odd. Post their reply after they respond please.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    I agree, first time for me....changed cables, even revised another car in between tries, entered the key again as well....

Advanced Tuner
    Is the VIN in the file it's asking you to license the same VIN that shows up when you check your license vehicles?

Also when you say you downloaded the file, do you mean you used the "Read entire" function to pull the file from the car, licensed it, tuned it, then flashed it back on the car?

or

Did you literally download it off the repository or somewhere else on the internet, licensed it, tuned it, flash it to car, and now when you try again it doesn't work? Normally you only run into needing to double license when you try and change strategies on a car. You license a file, flash it to the car, then you have to pull that same file out, once it's out it will have the actual VIN for the car, which you then have to license

Tuner in Training
    From the car, actually made the file I uploaded from a base file I had, loaded that up. But, after it gave me the license issue I went back and made the corrections to the file from the car with the correct VIN showing on it, same problem. Both files are licensed on my interface anyway.
    I have used my base file on 3 different cars before this one with no issues at all.
    But, you may very well be right. But it hasn't presented a problem until now.

Advanced Tuner
    Always pull the file from the car you intend to work on and license it. Don't flash someone else file into another guys car, if you do then you need to make sure the strategy is compatible. 11/12 shouldn't be mixed with 13/14 models, and the same vise versa.

-Pull the file
    -license it
    -tune it
    -flash it back on car

If you have a "base" file that you like then you can open it up as a compare and then see all differences and copy over the difference you need/want. The only reason to flash another VINs file into a car is if you are wanting to change to a Boss/Roush strategy(and when you do you need to make sure you use the 12 for 11/12's and a 13/14 for 13/14's

Tuner in Training
    Yea, has to be for same year, I agree, and that was my thought that it caused the issue, but when I still couldn't do it with the file off the car, then I was at a loss. I may have to license again, I hope that's not the case.

Tuner in Training
    Had to take his sct and write one of the tunes to it then I can overwrite that. Each time. I did use his stock file as a base. I thought I had used one of mine.