Thread: LFX 3.6L VE SV6 with Camshafts E39

Potential Tuner

LFX 3.6L VE SV6 with Camshafts E39

Hey Guys,

Anyone had any issues making power with the above mentioned cars with camshafts??

No matter what i have done I cannot get more than 179rwkw's from this car.. Have improved mid range power / torque, but over all power it tips over hard @ 6,500rpm..

Car has OTR CAI, Cat back System, std fron Pipe out of head with no cats..

MACE have said these should hold power all the way to 7,000-7,500rpm.. and make 190-215rwkW's.. (25-30kw gain from tuned non cammed car)

Im luck to have seen 10rwkw's

Cheers..

scott contact Will From overkill tuning he has tuned these cams many times

Potential Tuner
    In the USA yeah?? Ill shoot him an email and see if her replies.. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune and logs up. Have you increase driver demand and TQ limits?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Scott, when it nose's over at 6500rpm does it go quite lean ie 14:1 - 14.4AFR+ during that period Cheers Bret

Tuner in Training
    Are the centrelines of the new cams different from stock? Have you tried retarding the intake cam more at high RPM?

hey scott any update ? i got a set on the way myself

Tuner in Training
    I've not ever seen anyone tune any cams on any HFV6 to improve power up top, not in the U.S.
    I've seen many people try, just I've never seen anyone make any more power up top. I'd be interested in seeing why specification wise, these vehicles should keep making great power up top even with stock cams, but don't really.

You probably need to adjust the valve timing itself in the tune to help it make the power up top.... and or lean it out add timing...... whatever must be done.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.