Thread: Power and Error lights both on when connected to PC or OBD /Does not Scan or read

Potential Tuner

Power and Error lights both on when connected to PC or OBD /Does not Scan or read

Hello. Totally new to HP Tuners and tuning in general. I already emailed support but have not heard from anyone yet. Ticket ID: 81040. This is my first time attempting to use my MPVi Pro interface. I am trying to read/scan my 2014 Jeep SRT and 2016 Corvette Stingray but I always get error messages. I have the latest software and A/B drivers are installed correctly as far as I can tell. My Power and Error lights are both illuminated when the interface is connected to the PC or OBD or both. It also does not Scan or Read only error messages. In VCM Editor I get ?Invalid Application Key? and in VCM Scanner I get ?Unable to detect the vehicles diagnostics protocol?. I have know idea hot to know which firmware I have and I have tried to update the firmware but I don't ever get a prompt for Firmware Update and cant seem to manually initiate that firmware update. I have not used a PC/Windows in many years so I may just not be doing something that I am supposed to. I have seen other post similar to this but it seems the only way to fix the problem is to send it back to HP Tuners but I have no idea how to contact them other than email. Any info would be appreciated. I am including some screen shots incase they help determine my problem. Thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpgimage1.JPGimage2.JPGIMG_0875.JPGIMG_0874.JPGFullSizeRender - Copy (2).jpgFullSizeRender - Copy.jpg
    Last edited by BungBlaster; 05-09-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Still have not been able to get in touch with HP support. Anybody have any ideas of something I can try to get this interface working? I really need to do some logging so my tuner can get the drivability issues worked out on my newly Whippled Jeep SRT.

What's your support ticket #?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    What's your support ticket #?
    Hey Keith thanks for your help. Ticket ID: 81040. I did just get an email response a few minutes ago from Alonzo in support about letting him try to help me remotely tomorrow so fingers crossed everything can be taken care of that way. Thanks again!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Good chance the interface will need to be sent in so we can manually force the firmware update
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Good chance the interface will need to be sent in so we can manually force the firmware update
    Thanks. Either way its ok I just need to get it working. I'm just hanging out now waiting for support to contact me and start the remote access through teamviewer to see if they can get it working that way.

Potential Tuner
    UPDATE:

So I did have to send it in to HP for service. They tried remotely fixing it but it didn't work. I overnighted it to them Wednesday and I included a return overnight label and they fixed it and it made it back to me on Friday and is working perfectly! Big Thanks to HP Support!!!

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same exact problem. I have emailed customer support with no response yet. How long did it take for HP to contact you initially? I am less than happy that this does not work out of the box. If I have to mail it back and wait it will completely ruin my week.

Potential Tuner
    Finally got the updated firmware to load, problem solved.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GETMPG View Post
    Finally got the updated firmware to load, problem solved.
    Glad to hear the newer software fixed your issue as it is supposed to
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    This is just a data point for HPTuners.

Tonite I tried to use the HPTuners Pro package I had purchased last month. I got a firmware update required message the first time I tried to read the car. Tried to do the update but it repeatedly failed and I got the red ERR light on the interface. I was using a new Windows 10 Dell laptop. In initial searches through the forums I was coming to the conclusion that I was probably screwed.

I cranked up an old Windows 7 machine and finally got everything loaded up (drivers were a pain). I plugged in the interface, told it to do the firmware update - and it worked!

I have no idea why the old machine got the job done and the why the new machine was not compatible.