Thread: Factory TBSS tune, accuracy with boost?

Tuner

Factory TBSS tune, accuracy with boost?

I'm working on the tune for my twin turbo TrailBlazer SS. I've got the boost turned down for now, and I've failed the MAF and I'm running SD only. While the tuning seems to be going fine for now, I'm having hard time hitting all the areas I want to on the street...and I'm thinking of buying some dyno time.

My question is regarding the factory tune for boost. In the VVE table, it looks to have numbers all the way to 3 bar. Now, assuming nothing else changed (injectors, engine internals, etc), how accurate are these numbers? Let's say the factory injectors were good to 14 psi (they aren't). If you could feed the motor with 14 psi and have it hold together (it wouldn't), would the numbers in the factory tune work?
    2007 Trailblazer SS - LS2 | S256sx + S256sx | E85 | Built 4L80-E
    1991 Olds Cutlass Supreme International Sedan - L67 | GT35R | E85 | Built 4T65-E HD | NO2

Advanced Tuner
    How accurate is the VVE in the areas you've gone through so far? Factory injectors or not, with good injector data your airflow tables shouldn't change when tuned correctly. I highly doubt the VVE data is accurate into boosted regions. Think about what the factory calibration uses the VVE for, transients mostly.

Tuner
    The truck has DeutschWorks 95lb injectors, for which they provided all the data. I'm running half IFR / IVT, double stoich. I don't think it's right though, because the VE seems to be pretty far off. I have been able to get it closer, at least for the stuff I have been able to hit. I've had to add fuel down low, but when it gets into boost it's pretty rich.

While I have an LC-2, I've been using the STFTs to dial it in. My WB is fairly far back in the pipe and isn't responding fast enough...whereas the NBO2s are in the factory locations, up close. I'm going to move the WB up closer though.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse5302 View Post
    The truck has DeutschWorks 95lb injectors, for which they provided all the data. I'm running half IFR / IVT, double stoich. I don't think it's right though, because the VE seems to be pretty far off. I have been able to get it closer, at least for the stuff I have been able to hit. I've had to add fuel down low, but when it gets into boost it's pretty rich.

While I have an LC-2, I've been using the STFTs to dial it in. My WB is fairly far back in the pipe and isn't responding fast enough...whereas the NBO2s are in the factory locations, up close. I'm going to move the WB up closer though.
    From what I've seen the data on DW injectors isn't great. I think it was Dsteck who standardized all their different data for the same injector and it didn't all line up.
    Last edited by Eaglegoat; 05-09-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: clarification