Thread: Purpose of the Torque module?

Tuner

Purpose of the Torque module?

Just curious what the purpose of the Torque module is, and what functions it handles?
    What will be affected if I were to switch it off?
    I've used an FG engine in an engine conversion and have been told to turn off the Torque module (among a bunch of other settings). Does that sound correct?
    Cheers

Advanced Tuner
    any chance someone could add to this?
    always been curious

Advanced Tuner
    My understanding of this is it is a master switch which turns all torque management off, which I thought was a good idea until I realised it turned the rev limiter off also ( FG) which I definitely did not want so turned it back on and dealt with the torque management through the individual settings.
    Last edited by Yortt; 12-30-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm ive turned it off in the past and it still had a rev limter with ba tunes when used in conversions

Advanced Tuner
    I had mine turned off when whilst trying to fault find a torque reduction issue. Mine wouldn't stall up over 2000rpm- and would clip the throttle momentarily if you mashed the pedal in 3rd gear from about 60km/hr. Both of these still occurred with the torque module switched OFF. It did seem to have an effect on the torque reduction during shifts though, (lack there of to me more exact). A couple WOT 3-4 shifts later it killed my E- Clutch. This one was on of my built boxes with 9 frictions in the E-Clutch.
    So long story short I still had some torque reduction occurring with it OFF, and the in my scenario the issue was my strategy mapped incorrectly which I needed help to find as the software showed changes were going in but not staying in there. (load axis labels on the main torque table).
    So I'm sorry I'm not 100% sure what it does- but have always been told to leave it on.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    would just be good to have a breakdown of each of what is listed in the main tables. i know that changing some values dont have an exact/matching result so kinda feels like we have to just have a stab and change shit and hope its picked up in logs.
    just something i've always been curious bout, always more questions when it comes to this shit lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    would just be good to have a breakdown of each of what is listed in the main tables. i know that changing some values dont have an exact/matching result so kinda feels like we have to just have a stab and change shit and hope its picked up in logs.
    just something i've always been curious bout, always more questions when it comes to this shit lol
    under the main switch theres a fuel and spark table. in those tables is the list of each torque management strategy. there are number next to them. the number is a scale of 100% to 0% for each strategy.

they work opposite. so in the fuel table setting the number to 0 is 100% and 1 is 0%

in the spark table 1 is 0% and 0 is 100%

in a manual or Th400/glide application I generally disable the torque module switch and max out all the numbers in the table as well to the main switch and every individual switch is turned off. except RPM limiter

if your retro fit has a manual or independent auto switch is off.

Advanced Tuner
    I understand that part, but I know from when ppl were first messing with zf6 tunes, changing some of the values say from .80 to .30 had a bigger effect than ppl expected. so I feel like using some of the settings could be beneficial but would be handy to better understand what effect tweaking the individual values has and how they all work together and effect the complete torque management strategy.

the more info and better understanding I can have for any part of the tune, the better I guess lol.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post

in a manual or Th400/glide application I generally disable the torque module switch and max out all the numbers in the table as well to the main switch and every individual switch is turned off. except RPM limiter

if your retro fit has a manual or independent auto switch is off.
    Maybe this is what we need to do on mine misk.