Thread: Fuel Pump Settings - Which ones work, which ones do nothing

Fuel Pump Settings - Which ones work, which ones do nothing

FUEL SYSTEM VOTAGE MIN (Raise table values from 12.5 to 15.5)
    PUMP DUTY CYCLE (Raise table values from 90 to 99)
    PUMP DC MAX (Raise cell value from 90 to 99)
    OVERRIDE DC MAX (Raise cell value from 90 to 99)

Do any of these changes actually do anything in an E38 in a Camaro? I've been told the DC stuff does nothing. Is there some other hidden toggle that must be enabled first to allow DC control override? Also, how do you get past the 14.5V system voltage barrier? I and a few others would like to over-volt the pump.

Tuner
    I have not seen those do anything I changed mine from max to min and seen no change. try the HP Beta and see if you can change setting in the FPCM on the car. that is where you will see changes. as for the overvoltage to the pump there is no way with stock equipment would need something like a BAP to do such as the voltage limit is 14.+ with the regulation in the charging system

It's unfortunate that the current tune file doesn't grant access to the layer of control needed to override the system voltage. However I believe it should be entirely possible. The alternator uses duty to control the system voltage unless I'm mistaken and maybe there's another bottleneck at the FPCM but that too should be tunable. I guess we just need the right parameters in the software to gain access.

Quote Originally Posted by ke5gnz View Post
    I have not seen those do anything I changed mine from max to min and seen no change. try the HP Beta and see if you can change setting in the FPCM on the car. that is where you will see changes. as for the overvoltage to the pump there is no way with stock equipment would need something like a BAP to do such as the voltage limit is 14.+ with the regulation in the charging system
    Does the beta give access to the FPCM? I've been looking for a description of what the beta does. Can you link to where it says you can change the FPCM settings?