Thread: TrackAddict Pro v3.5 file export VBO extension.

Tuner in Training

TrackAddict Pro v3.5 file export VBO extension.

Anyone try the new VBO extension export? My attempt at taking a session recorded prior to version 3.5 was partially successful. It was mentioned in the RaceRender forum, the export supported video correlation. In my experience the exported VBO file is missing some attributes used by Circuit Tools for video correlation.

The first is video header below.
    [avi]
    VID_
    AVI

Second, the header and data columns for "avifileindex" "avitime".

The video linking (ie the "AVI" section and associated fields) will be added automatically if exporting a .VBO file from TrackAddict, when that session has an internal video recording associated with it. At this time, it does not apply to external video recordings (ie GoPro), as we don't presently capture that status or those file names in our data recordings.

To accommodate users who desire that functionality, I may be able to add a more manual option to generate that data upon user request in the future... The catches are that it would only apply to one video file (since we won't know at which times the GoPro split it into additional files; you might try using video software to combine them into one file), and of course the raw video/data sync wont be quite as precise as it is with an internal video recording (but it should still be close, typically within 1 second).

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate the update and hope to see the integration expanded in the near future.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Weston,

Your information regarding the internal camera led me to try the internal camera, set TA to use the internal and external CAM. This should allow a closer sync between video files, since both CAM should start recording at the same time.
    A quick test indicates TA writes the VBO extensions to the VBO exported file. In the exported VBO, I can make a single change to the "avi" filename to something like:
    [avi]
    VID_
    MP4

Name the goPro video file to "VID_0000.MP4", store the video file into the same working directory containing the VBO data file. I believe this is where Circuit tools expects to locate the video file.
    Will need to confirm later and get back to you.

Update:
    The video file "VID_0000.MP4" assumes the avifileindex value is 0. In some VBO files the value is 1, if so, the filename needs to match and must be named accordingly, "VID_0001.MP4".
    Last edited by habeb; 06-11-2017 at 07:40 AM.