Thread: Bench Race. 03 Sierra 5.3 vs 03 Cummins

Potential Tuner

Bench Race. 03 Sierra 5.3 vs 03 Cummins

Well, my buddy just got an Edge chip for his cummins and thinks he can blow me away. I think otherwise!

We had a little run awhile back and he started out about 2 lengths ahead of me, and by 100 I had 2 or 3 on him. Mods for him where: muffler delete, AFE Stage 2 intake. Mods for me: K&N cone on the end of stock tubing, Magnaflow catback.

Now that he got his chip he thinks it is God. I told him we should line them up, now that I have my truck tuned also. Who do you guys think will win???

I think Ill take him from a roll, but from a dig he will win. Just because I dont have a TC.

Are there any tuning tricks out there to help me off the line?

Trucks:
    2003 GMC Sierra 5.3 ECSB z71: intake/exhaust/custom tuning
    2003 Dodge Cummins QCSB 4x4:intake/no muffler/ Edge Juice w/ Attitude

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i think he'll probably beat you from a dig pretty bad & he'll win from a roll now.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Honestly I think he will have you. Diesels are so detuned from the factory it's not even funny. You may have him in top end, but he will have such a jump on you from the start I don't think you'll catch up unless you run well over 100.
    '05 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 I5 3.73 G80 locker 4L60E
    AEM Brute Force Intake

Potential Tuner
    LOL probably!

I know I can hit 140 pretty quick, and he probly wont go over 110...I nwould never race that fast anyways.

/from what I know about Diesels; reading info, driving them, riding in them....I think it will play ou like this:

off the line- him by 1
    330ft- him by 1.5
    1/8- him by .5
    1000- dead even
    1/4- me by a 1/2

now if I had a 3k stall like was in my last truck....we would be even off the line and I'd pull 1.5-2 at the end.

I definatly do not under estimate diesels, and my Dad owns a Powerstroke with intake exhaust and an Edge, and we had lined up a couple times in my old truck...this one pulls a lot harder up top. I have also seen plenty at the track.

I pulled aprox. 6-7 lengths on him from 30-100, I dont think he can make up that much ground now that both of us are tuned.