Thread: 8 speed trucks. Adjusting shift points. Normal table?

Tuner

Question 8 speed trucks. Adjusting shift points. Normal table?

To adjust shift points, wouldn't we adjust the normal table on pickups? I see there's snow, mud, perf, tow, etc.

Yesterday I adjusted it so it *should* be shifting at 6k across all gears and it didn't change at all. This has me thinking I was perhaps modifying the wrong table.

Also, is there a writeup on the 8 speed TCM torque management? I'm afraid to touch anything because I don't know how this transmission will respond.
    2015 Ram 1500 Hemi HP Tuned
    2003 Mercedes E55 AMG Hoping to be supported

Tuner
    I got it figured out, I didn't hit every single "mode" on the new settings. Also noticed it'll rev up quicker and higher than command propshaft speed, so be prepared to command a few hundred rpm lower than the shift rpm you actually want. I also took out half of the upshift TM and it doesn't feel like its shifting too hard. I also tuned up the line pressure about 15%. Shifts beautiful at 6300 rpm for me now. Very happy with the investment.

Check out the slip times as well. I have my max settings at 140ms and sport at 160ms.

I also increased my shift rpms at light throttle so it doesn't blow through the gears so quickly when your cruising around.

Tuner
    What table is slip times located?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    What table is slip times located?
    Ever figure out the table?

Potential Tuner
    Hi Dusty,

Could I ask, how did you increase your line pressure? I have a 2014, and there's no option for generall adjustment of line pressure. What I did, was increases the Upshift / Downshift Line Pressure tables around 20%... But i'm not sure if that's really the same thing? I also cut the shift times in half. For TCC settings, I copied all of the "SLIP -> LOCK" numbers to "UNLOCK -> SLIP". This effectively disabled the "controlled slip" mode for the torque converter clutch. It's either unlocked, or locked. I like the way it shifts, but i'm concerned about the line pressure setting as mentioned.

-Kole