Thread: Coyote CONTROLS PACK - Revlimiter

Tuner in Training

Coyote CONTROLS PACK - Revlimiter

I'm working on our other race foe its a 2016 mustang GT using a ford racing control Pack (the car was a flood car) the motor is stock with the exception of Hardened oil pump gears. I would like to change the rev limiter from 7200 to 7500 however the car is still hitting it can someone look at my file and let me know what I'm missing. also if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Also for a future information we need to run a 53mm restrictor. The plate will be places between the TB and the manifold, any suggestions on the best way to tune for this?

Thanks for your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Change the 6850 to 7500 to get the engine to the 7500 RPM limit.

RPM limit.PNG

Ill have to think about the restrictor plate tune.

Senior Tuner
    I would like to see some before and after restrictor logs. Please post if you do that.

Tuner in Training
    thank you I had looked at that table and almost made that change but wasn't sure if it would solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by brian21074 View Post

Also for a future information we need to run a 53mm restrictor. The plate will be places between the TB and the manifold, any suggestions on the best way to tune for this?

Thanks for your help
    Install the plate and tune for peak torque...

Tuner in Training
    That worked for raising the REV limiter, I made two log one with the ford racing tune and one with my tune, the knock censor is retarding the timing in both tune is this normal. Is the motor actually detecting knock or is some thing else pulling the timing?

I have attached two logs.
    Last edited by brian21074; 05-15-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Negative knock is adding timing. If you get positive knock you will see a steep downward slope in the spark advance. Just keep in mind -4 to -2 is a positive 2.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I was trying to understand what there spark advance was coming from I knew it was using map 21 and 22 but the values didn't seem to add up.

I read a tuning wright up from I think Eric from this board had put together a guide for the older mod motor mustangs and he talked about using the MBT tables in the Borderline spark tables, would this hold true for the coyote motor also.

sorry if my question are very basic I'm trying the read al learn as much as possible.

Senior Tuner
    Yes the borderline table is the main table. spark modifiers for engine coolant, intake air temp, lambda, and knock advance get applied to the final total. Then you have limit tables, tipin modifier, etc. The MBT timing tables are the "goal value" they describe the theoretical timing that would produce the most torque if the engine was in standard temps with stoich fuel ratio and a perfect fuel burn with no knock. They are used in the calculations of the torque/ inverse tables. This is why if you log scheduled or calculated torque its higher than desired, ETC, or engine torque. Its used as a compare to make sure the engine is not over or under performing.

Tuner in Training
    This is my final log can some one take a look and let me know if they this its ok I cant get to 100% load on the street.