Thread: Loading software

Tuner in Training

Loading software

How does the VCM suite load onto my laptop? Disk or download? I have not purchased the laptop yet. Also may I have more details on the difference between standard and pro?
    Thanks
    Bryan

Tuner in Training
    Oh, and I guess the OBD cable comes with VCM Suite right?

It will either be a disc or a memory stick that plugs into your laptop. I thought it was disc (from the info I got before purchasing),..but, when I purchased/opened the box from Summit, it was a memory stick. Verify if it's disc/stick from whomever you purchase it from. Your HPTuners kit will come with directions on how to install the system on your laptop (it's painless/quick), along with a serial number and application key, which you have to type in.

Go to the FAQ page on HPTuners website, bout 3/4 the way down on first page, will provide differences between standard and pro.

Yes sir, the HPTuners kit comes with everything you need to go from vehicle connection to laptop,....you won't have to buy anything else,....it's plug and play.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson View Post
    It will either be a disc or a memory stick that plugs into your laptop. I thought it was disc (from the info I got before purchasing),..but, when I purchased/opened the box from Summit, it was a memory stick. Verify if it's disc/stick from whomever you purchase it from. Your HPTuners kit will come with directions on how to install the system on your laptop (it's painless/quick), along with a serial number and application key, which you have to type in.

Go to the FAQ page on HPTuners website, bout 3/4 the way down on first page, will provide differences between standard and pro.

Yes sir, the HPTuners kit comes with everything you need to go from vehicle connection to laptop,....you won't have to buy anything else,....it's plug and play.
    Awesome, so you think Summit would be better and faster to receive my order than HP Tuners directly? Just curious, i've noticed a lot of new laptops don't have dvd/cd anymore. That's why i'm worried about stick or not.
    Thank you for your response.