Thread: Can i have some opinions on my tune? (lnf)

Tuner in Training

Can i have some opinions on my tune? (lnf)

Been trying to figure this stuff out for a while, my car runs good on this tune but I feel that it could be better. I was hoping some of you guys could take a peek and see if anything stands out or is crazy. It's mild but I feel like there's more tables I could be focusing on. I used to play with OS but I could never get it to feel "right". i'll attach the last log I took too.
    The car has a catless dp, 3" exhaust, ZZP intercooler, AEM dryflow air filter, and it's a stock LHU engine in an 08 SS.
    thanks for all the insight so far btw.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I'm out of town for a few days and don't have my tuning computer on me. Post pics of the tables you've changed and the corresponding stock tables.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you most likely had trouble with opti spark because of your wandering cams.
    Opti spark is easier to control for feel when everything else is being commanded to a fix value. With that said try making the warm and cold tables match each other in the Intake and Exhaust cam section.
    (intake idle fix to =10 and exhaust idle fix to =-6) This parks the idle cam position and prevents it from shifting which causes airflow tracking headaches.

Your IAT and ECT ignition modifiers are active between commonly used driving zones. Disable until ignition is sorted and then re-enable to stock for safety.

Trq mngt injection disable = you canleave that stock. it is common misconception that this table really causes tuning issues. It is strictly for cylinder cut and severity of cut.

GMTech did a lot to figure this out( i believe around 2009 later year). Come 2011 CDNite released this which was a little easier for me to understand.
    """The number values in the chart (1,2,3,4,7,8,12,13,14,15) are groups/sets of cylinders
    so 0=0000 where the cylinder order is 4,3,2,1 means no cut on that 720* cycle
    1=0001 where the cylinder order is 4,3,2,1 means cylinder 1 is cut on that 720* cycle
    3=0011 so that cylinder 2 and 1
    12=1100 so thats cylinder 4 and 3
    7=0111 so thats cylinder 3,2, and 1
    14=1110 so thats cylinder 4,3, and 2
    15=1111 so thats 4,3,2, and 1
    with four cylinders in the LNF the vertical (Y) value is for the cycle number
    the horizontal (X) is the cylinder cut mode or "intensity" so to speak
    thats why 0s in column 4 is bad... the other tables expect this to be total cylinder cut, and with a 0=0000 then no cylinders cut (injectors stop firing).
    Thus column 0 is normal running state (default) injector sprays fuel as requested.
    Got it? Does that explanation make any sense? Any more questions?"""

Overboost controls and tests are still active. Most disable to prevent learn down in the TCM. Its under the diagnostics tab.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Mike, I can post some pics when I remember to bring my laptop home from work haha.
    Cssob, thanks for the insight. I can't believe it never occurred to me to isolate certain systems like that. I was just getting to the point where I had the patience to adjust 1 table at a time. Also I think that's the first time I came across a full explanation of the injector disable table. I made a histogram that calculated cam overlap and tried eliminating overlap on the top end in the past, I didn't feel a big butt dyno difference but i may have had the overall cam timing off.

Tuner in Training
    If I remember right I had my injector disable table set to 0 so it wouldn't go into dfco for maf tuning.