Thread: 2013 ZL1 Yank 2800SC lockup slip

Tuner in Training

2013 ZL1 Yank 2800SC lockup slip

Hi all, looking for a little feedback on this one... Have a zl1 that just put a yank 2800 SC multi disc in, and have been dealing with lockup slip issues at light throttle. It will hold pressure, then after a few seconds bleed down to 15-20psi and just starts to slip.

Here's what I've tried so far, which did not help at all:
    - Zero'd all slip tables
    - Added small amounts to base ramp for several attempts, then up to much larger psi in the apply ramp table (including the 4lo table)
    - Several attempts at the regulator offset settings bumping all the way up to 90psi
    - Adjusted the gain several directions up and down
    - Changed TCC adaptive min/max to 0/100, then up to 50/100 as an attempt to force a higher min
    - Disabled TCC adaptives by setting min/max settings to try to eliminate that from the picture

Unfortunately, each change did not add any real positive results. We could see higher tcc line pressures at first, but would still drop down to the teens and slip from there.

Checked fluid levels, and also added extra to try that trick, with no change.

Yank wants a 150 mile break-in period, so all we were trying to do was eliminate the slip to put miles on before we start to actually tune it.

In the attached log at the 56 second mark, you can see the line pressure drop from 58 to 20, then drop to 17psi and starts the large slip swings. Also attached an image of the same spot.

Log and tune attached of where we left off on the trans side. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something...

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I would try making the lockup speeds lower and see if it changes. The mph in the log is right around the speed you have it set to lock, so it might be locking and unlocked as it crosses the mph. If lowering them works, then its trial and error to see where exactly they should be set.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply.

I changed the lockup speeds back to stock (which was a flat 30 mph across the table), and same results on the end of this log file too. Pressure holds, then starts to drop out, and starts to slip.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 409Jake View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I changed the lockup speeds back to stock (which was a flat 30 mph across the table), and same results on the end of this log file too. Pressure holds, then starts to drop out, and starts to slip.
    I dunno... that pressure definitely acting strange.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

I have run into this with the 6L90e OS in the ZL1. Must be something not defined and missing from the software.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    I have run into this with the 6L90e OS in the ZL1. Must be something not defined and missing from the software.
    Thanks for the info. Just curious if you did anything to try to keep it from slipping? Im almost ready to try another converter just to see if any improvement...

My experience with yank lock up clutches hasn't been good. I have never had an issue with Fti Triple or circle d multi but the yanks will not hold with big power. I realize you talking about part throttle but I have no faith in there clutch material/design. Again just my experience as some people love them. I have used the others in zl1s without issue. Might want to try locking it in the scanner and seeing if it slips?

Tuner in Training
    I have a 2013 Camaro Zl1 with a 2800 Yank convertor that slips between 1000-1500 RPM's .. it drives terribly. There has to be a simple solution since its a very common torque converter. Did you find a solution 409Jake?

Tuner in Training
    Quick update - We flashed the TCM to a same year SS car with a 6l80 trans, and it appears that TCC line pressure issue has gone away. So far on a test drive, it has held solid. I'm guessing we are missing something in the ZL1/6l90 OS to keep these happy.

Tuner
    Mine was doing that too after the 6L90 swap with a Circle D triple.I have 2010 Camaro SS 6L80 and upgraded the tranny to a 2013 6L90 and had GM to reflash the TCM to a 2013 OS. The 2013 OS TCC Apply ramp is not friendly with certain aftermarket converters.If you compare the 2, you'll see the difference. The ZL1 starts at 738 ft.lbs and the SS starts well below 0.
    You can either change the table column and the row axis to match either a 10-13 Camaro SS or 09-11 CTSV.
    I did the 11 CTSV. Once done, we copy/paste the stock settings from the CTSV. Then we applied a little more pressure to the row 74-516 at the 5 to 800 rpm section to make the converter lock quicker. Then you can add more pressure to the regulator offset to make it lock harder. Datalog the TCC slip and TCC line pressure and adjust till your happy.