Thread: 2016 Hellcat with non HP-tuner unlocked PCM....

Tuner in Training

2016 Hellcat with non HP-tuner unlocked PCM....

Was hoping someone here may be able to give some guidance or help with attempting to Flash or work with a 2016 Hellcat that has already had the PCM unlocked by what appears to be Diablo.

I knew this day would eventually come as myself and my shop have started to get into tuning and working with the late model Hemi's,, including the Hellcats. Only a matter of time till we were tasked with trying to tune, or re-tune one thats been unlocked by someone other than HP-tuners.

I was able to successfully read out the PCM and the TCM from this car,, it is currently flashed with someone else's stuff (Diablo). It's been brought to me to hopefully refine the motor tuning, primarily Raise the limiter, and above all re-work the TCM as I've done with about a half dozen Hellcats with no trouble since HP unlocked the TCM on them a few weeks ago.

I've licensed this car for the required 6 credits,, so as you'd guess, I'm sorta committed now, and somewhat invested in the car.

As a test; I simply attempted to flash back in the exact read-out that came from it (PCM & TCM) to see if this would work,,, and it did not work at all. I also attempted to flash only the TCM, and not write to the PCM, and to my surprise, that didn't work either.
    I thought for sure that we could at minimum write to the TCM regardless of that was going on with the PCM on these? And I thought people had been able to flash just the TCM part, but not the case with this one, I can't write to anything on it. Could the other flash be locked somehow?

We are prepared to send the current PCM to have HP-tuners unlock it instead, but I'm not understanding why we could not write to the TCM regardless of the state of the PCM?

Any help from this community would be greatly appreciated. I did not flash it back to stock, didn't know the outcome of that, so I simply read it out and attempted to flash it back in with HP after licensing it.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Lidio Iacobelli; 05-18-2017 at 11:56 AM.

I had a custom Diablo tune on my Scat Pack. I was able to successfully read both the ECM and TCM with the custom tune installed. I then converted the car back to the stock tune and unmarried the Diablo. At that point, I was able to reload my tune with HP and tune the TCM at the same time.

I would bet you need to now convert back to the stock tune and un-marry the Diablo.

You may have to send the ECM off if you can't get your hands on the original tuner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kenandjenn4551 View Post
    I had a custom Diablo tune on my Scat Pack. I was able to successfully read both the ECM and TCM with the custom tune installed. I then converted the car back to the stock tune and unmarried the Diablo. At that point, I was able to reload my tune with HP and tune the TCM at the same time.

I would bet you need to now convert back to the stock tune and un-marry the Diablo.

You may have to send the ECM off if you can't get your hands on the original tuner.

Was able to flash it back to stock with the Diablo stuff,, and still not able to write to the PCM after a couple of attempts.. Although now that the PCM back to stock, i was able to write only to the TCM as a test with no trouble.

Looks I'll be sending the PCM to HP-tuner for they're unlock procedure.. still don't get how a Diablo tune on the PCM somehow blocked me from flashing only to the TCM?

I'm Hoping this is the last step to get into this thing.. It also did not ask for additional credits at this point both when I attempted to flash it with HP-tuners now that its back to stock, but only failed to write to the PCM, and no additional credits when it at least wrote to the TCM for now. Looks like at least for me; diablo unlocked PCM aren't gonna work with HP-tuners. I'll report back in a few days after the PCM is back.

Thanks
    Last edited by Lidio Iacobelli; 05-18-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lidio Iacobelli View Post
    Was able to flash it back to stock with the Diablo stuff,, and still not able to write to the PCM after a couple of attempts.. Although now that the PCM back to stock, i was able to write only to the TCM as a test with no trouble.

Looks I'll be sending the PCM to HP-tuner for they're unlock procedure.. still don't get how a Diablo tune on the PCM somehow blocked me from flashing only to the TCM?

I'm Hoping this is the last step to get into this thing.. It also did not ask for additional credits at this point both when I attempted to flash it with HP-tuners now that its back to stock, but only failed to write to the PCM, and no additional credits when it at least wrote to the TCM for now. Looks like at least for me; diablo unlocked PCM aren't gonna work with HP-tuners. I'll report back in a few days after the PCM is back.

Thanks
    Very strange. My PCM is a unlocked Diablo PCM. My account also still shows that I have 8 tuning credits, although it did prompt me to use 6 when I flashed my car.

Must just be something crazy with that particular PCM.

Tuner in Training
    All set,,, got the PCM back from the HP-tuner unlock procedure, and used the latest Beta and I'm up and able to flash the PCM & TCM, and tune as needed.

Thanks guys!