Thread: Help with Idle surge during Target N

Help with Idle surge during Target N

Anyone able to look at one of my logs and see why the throttle keeps trying to shut during coast down and return to idle while in Target N mode/torque control mode? Once it settles into Idle feedback it seems pretty stable. I've tried moving around up/down the tq values in those areas and raised lowered the driver demand too with no luck. I've noticed in my logged value for Idle speed mode says Dashpot, but from what I see in the file all the dashpot stuff is zeroed and not used? I've got the car driving pretty good, but the idle is annoying as hell. Any tips?

Relevent info

2011 GT A6 with Roush 13 file/ CJ intake/ twin 60mm GT500 TB
    0n3 tt kit ID850s

idle screen shot.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bbrooks98; 05-21-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Wouldn't raising your VSS enable speed disable dash pot as this is the minimum speed? Same for hyst. as this is the amount of change of vehicle speed to enable it?

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Wouldn't raising your VSS enable speed disable dash pot as this is the minimum speed? Same for hyst. as this is the amount of change of vehicle speed to enable it?

I set both to 5mph and gave it a shot. Same surge. For now l just lowered the borderline timing closer to the idle feedback tables values to reduce torque and set the min throttle angle to 1.20 to keep it from shutting the throttle. It seems a little better.

Tuner in Training
    I've been fighting the same with mine for a while now. It goes to target n torque source and torque control spark source. Sometimes it shuts off.

I wish I could just disable target n.

Quote Originally Posted by longstroke View Post
    I've been fighting the same with mine for a while now. It goes to target n torque source and torque control spark source. Sometimes it shuts off.

I wish I could just disable target n.
    Mine I've got the stalling pretty much non-existent. I set the min throttle angle to something close to what you see while it's idling in rpm control mode. Also make sure your idle adapt STIT is close to zero. If not adjust your idle airflow values.

But yeah, I've yet to find a way to adjust out the target N feedback surge that lasts about 20 seconds before going to rpm control. Once there it's smooth. The annoying part is creeping in traffic as it tends to go into Target N each time you move forward. Hopefully someone has some insight to tuning this out.