Thread: Enrich Desoot Mode differences shown

Enrich Desoot Mode differences shown

Here is a 2009 G8 GT 6.0 with a before and after with the only item changed being the newly discovered Enrich Desoot Mode disabled. The G8 operating systems seem to have the strongest effect with that mode enabled, and really rear their head with a boosted application. Just showing you guys what that switch does. AFR follows target as expected with that mode disabled. Blue run is disabled.

dynorunShare_0.PNG
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Wish we'd done mine on the dyno.... 12.7 to 15afr mid run...... or 2.2sec after pe.

I think my car started to get the prob after a few mods but as soon as my ls9 cam went in......... it reared it's ugly head. It was worth all the testing to help uncover this issue. That dyno run shows a very mild situation.

My situation on the ls9 cam, lots of timing...... 30-35' at 12.8 shooting upto 16afr when it happened depending on the spot. BAD JOJO.

Imagine the number of cars running around with this issue. No doubt it's thrown out alot of peoples MAF/VE tunes trying to compensate slightly in spots etc.

* SO GLAD ITS OVER *
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 05-23-2017 at 05:48 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Just to be clear, does Desoot only effect lean tip in going into PE? I have been messing with transients to solve for a lean tip in off idle/low RPM and during normal shifting). I haven't upgraded to the HP Tiners 3x operating system yet to take advantage of manifold volume settings and now this desoot functionality because I have been too lazy to recreate my scanner settings but it may be time now.

Not really a lean tip in. It will enter PE as commanded, then it will drop injector pulse width during desoot at a pre-determined time interval.. It will still stay commanded at PE level during this condition.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Not really a lean tip in. It will enter PE as commanded, then it will drop injector pulse width during desoot at a pre-determined time interval.. It will still stay commanded at PE level during this condition.
    Thanks for the clarification.

i am currently collecting all the parts to do an lsa on my G8 2009.. i pulled up my tune file and i do not have the parameter for enrich desoot mode ... do i have to get the latest version downloaded from hp tuners?

this what i have 5/29/2017 2:03:01 PM
    VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 3.4.065

2005 Chevrolet Silverado (8 cyl) 4.8 5.3 6.0 8.1, 0NA0H0YA5018, (GM: 2)
    2009 Pontiac G8 (8 cyl), 86YRUBK18218LBDQ, [2009 g8gt], (GM: 2)
    Last edited by gmonde; 05-29-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Tuning Addict
    You have to have 3.5--- beta to have access to this...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

if I am reading the sticky correctly in the editor section ,its a 169.99 for the 3.5 beta to down load tunerpro

Tuner
    So whats the best option here, to disable it or enable it? I have a customers LSA Blown g8, cam, etc, and its currently enabled, but wondering effects.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtech View Post
    So whats the best option here, to disable it or enable it? I have a customers LSA Blown g8, cam, etc, and its currently enabled, but wondering effects.
    I can't think of any reason not to disable it.

Yes, by disabling it, it will get rid of that nasty phantom lean spike that the G8's seem to have the worst.
    www.crawford-racing.com

Tuner
    Wow..
    After paying stupid close attention when throttle stabbing it will be perfect AFR and then lean up a few points, i targeted 11.8AFR on this particular G8, it'd spike up to around 12.5 then taper back down, no matter my MAF adjustments..

Disabled it, and its literally 11.8 to 12.0 all the way through. Great information, thank you for sharing.

Bump this back up, anyone tried it on Silverado 07-13 model...any differences? Got a 6.2L I personally own I'd try it on and a 2012 Tahoe 5.3L I can try it on but just seeing if anyone saw any difference in the trucks.

I have gotten in the habit of disabling it on the operating systems that have it enabled from the factory, including the trucks. They never really had that lean spike issue that I saw on the trucks though.
    www.crawford-racing.com

ok, thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Great Info