Thread: 2005 2500 hd

Tuner in Training

2005 2500 hd

don't beat me up too bad here, im very new at this. ive played around with hp before but never from scratch. I just bought a 2005 Silverado 2500 hd with the lq4. its basically just going to be my dd in the winter and a plow truck, so im not looking for crazy performance, but this thing is a DOG! very unresponsive,sluggish, and feels like the pedal has a 3 day delay haha. it runs smooth and solid just feels super lame. seeing as how im just looking to wake it up a bit and maybe help the trans last a little longer since im going to be plowing and towing with it, what should I do/not do? I didn't see any respiratory tunes I could get a baseline with, and I did a bunch of searching but didn't see much that wasn't ones looking to get the most power they can out. thanks in advance for any help

Post tune.

Several easy things can make them get out of their own way better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    And horrible mpg is an understatement haha. I have an 01 S10 with an ls6/t56 and that thing is like a Prius compared. I haven't pulled the stock tune out yet, but I can tomorrow. How do I post it up?

Advanced reply, attachments.

A 2500 with a 6.0 and 4.10's is always going to get terrible MPG, no real way to improve that by much at all. If you can get 13-14 on the open road and 10-11 around town you are doing pretty good. The truck is just too heavy.

The main things to address are the slow PE delays and some Torque Mngt settings that hold it back.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    did this work? thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have to be in advance view to see every table, go EDIT > VIEW > ADVANCED.

Under Engine > Power Enrich.

Set the enable torque to 80%.
    Set the hot/cold pedal enables to something like 60-70% compared to 90% from the factory.
    Set the PE RPM delay to like 1,500 - 2,000 rpm.
    Remove the 60 second time delay for PE.
    Increase the enrichment ramp in rate from .0095 to 2.0.

Under engine > torque mngt.

Set the torque limit > max torque box from 350 to 640.
    The ETC TPS MAX table can also be set to 100% for the whole table. It's just a table for traction control and to limit the TB from opening all the way.

Those are just some things you can change, and play with them as you like.

Tuner in Training
    shows how new I am.....didn't even know about the advanced tab haha. thank you very much!! should I do any basic trans stuff? or just leave that? and will those changes help the sluggish drive by wire stuff?
    Last edited by blownjeep; 05-26-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Most of those settings help with the DBW stuff and helping it get into power better.

You can play with the transmission stuff as you like, anything from adjusting shift speed and shift line pressure.

Tuner in Training
    did that remove torque management?

Did what?

Tuner in Training
    Changing torque to 640. I'm trying to look at other files but they are all very performance oriented. I don't want to break stuff

That's only for the engine side, it will not hurt anything. It's not even removing much really, you could max out every table on the engine side and not have a worry.

You'd have to do some pretty stupid stuff to hurt a stock motor and a stock 4L80e, those transmissions are stupid strong.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome thank you! I think I'll leave pressures alone and just change the shift time to .250 instead of the almost.500 they are now

Tuner in Training
    truck feels a lot better. messed with the trans pressures and shift times, feels really good now. I did a quick datalog. im pretty sure it doesn't have great gas in it, some may even be old. I saw a few degrees of kr wot. one thing I noticed it under full throttle it said throttle position was only at 71% and never went higher than that?

I have the same truck with 210,000 miles ,yes mileage is terrible , I haven't messed with it yet but it I have to work it,,,