Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Misfires and Rough Idle on Cold Starts

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    there is no ethanol offset. you must recode the injector offset value to run on ethanol blends. e47 is a 15% change in fueling which is just about the end limit of the trim system.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    My tuner changed the injector offset and the car wouldn't run. It was set up to run on E47 and it wouldn't.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if the tune you posted with your initial post is your ethanol tune then it is by no means setup for ethanol.
    all your base fuel settings are basically stock. as i mentioned your injector constant needs to be altered to run ethanol.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    No that was not my ethanol tune. My ethanol tune is included here. Car was 100% mixed properly and wouldn't even idle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Surging is still apparent. It's not just rpms surging, it's the BPV actuating and releasing air. The air during cold start will be pulling vacuum and then all of the sudden push 1-2 psi of boost and then go back to normal and then do it again. It does it quite a few times. I might try bypassing the boost solenoid on the intake manifold and see if that does anything. But the fact that the car would not run on E really leads me to believe that I have a mechanical problem. Another thing, when the car is warming up, as soon as cat gets up to temp and fuel trims start reading, they are at like +12%. Is there a way to test injectors or the HPFP? Or literally anything from the mechanical aspect that I can investigate.

Tuner
    log the cold start and post it.

It sounds like the idle area still isn't dialed in and the ecu is having a hard time controlling it hence the surging. If you're using the LTFT in a cold start to tune your idle thats why you're having issues. You need to log the idle area under all kinds of different loads for a decent amount of time at each load adjustment. Getting the idle right on the LNF can be frustrating and certainly time consuming the first time.

Try unplugging the evap.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the log and the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Cleaned my throttle body. Tried using the tune that GMTech posted, changed nothing. I flashed the stock tune on, gonna see how that does in the morning. I tried the stock tune once before, but I had a boost leak back then and I fixed it, so hopefully the stock tune idles good. If that doesn't do anything, my plan is to flash my tune to a buddy's LNF and see how it acts on that.