Thread: Ls1 electronic to cable throttle

Ls1 electronic to cable throttle

Hey Guys

Currently doing a retro ls1 conversion and am just trying to plan ahead.

I have a ls1 engine/ecu from a 2005 holden crewman (electronic throttle) which i am looking to convert to cable throttle.
    The ecu supplied (hardware - 12583659, service number - 12586243) does have the driver for IAC control in it.

Does this mean i can write a complete cable throttle operating system into the ECU (ie - vy commodore) or
    is there more involved?

The car has been wired for the (green/blue) ecu connectors but can be changed if needed, or worse case i do have a cable throttle
    ecu that i could use but want to keep the costs down.

Thanks in advance

If the OS supports the IAC drivers of which some P59 and some don't, it should simply be a matter of changing ETC under the system options (System --> General --> System Options from 1 to 0 and then utilising the IAC tables that already exist. You certainly won't be able to Write Entire a P01 OS from a VY, that will fail or potentially corrupt your ECU if it even erases and attempts to write.

I don't know if Holden OS support IAC drivers. If your VZ doesn't, it should just be a matter of finding a P59 (i.e. 1MB ECU as per VZ LS1) OS that does. It may end up being from a US vehicle, but wouldn't surprise me if the Holden OS did support it. I have never tried to achieve that so I don't know.

Can you keep the ETC or is the intake on the conversion not going to allow it as if you have the pedal assembly you could keep ETC although I can understand why you would want to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    If the OS supports the IAC drivers of which some P59 and some don't, it should simply be a matter of changing ETC under the system options (System --> General --> System Options from 1 to 0 and then utilising the IAC tables that already exist. You certainly won't be able to Write Entire a P01 OS from a VY, that will fail or potentially corrupt your ECU if it even erases and attempts to write.

I don't know if Holden OS support IAC drivers. If your VZ doesn't, it should just be a matter of finding a P59 (i.e. 1MB ECU as per VZ LS1) OS that does. It may end up being from a US vehicle, but wouldn't surprise me if the Holden OS did support it. I have never tried to achieve that so I don't know.

Can you keep the ETC or is the intake on the conversion not going to allow it as if you have the pedal assembly you could keep ETC although I can understand why you would want to swap.
    Thanks for the advice

Ill make the change under system options and see how I go. hopefully get to start the vehicle today, and see how it goes.
    Looking through the operating systems software, it looks like it should work.
    Getting a pedal assembly and keeping the ETC is an option, but I can source a cable throttle pcm which I would try first.
    Cheers

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever try this? Would like to know if just switching ETC from 1 to 0 would allow conversion to cable (assuming the rest of the installation is ready to support cable)

I had an issue with the (electronic throttle) pcm, I changed from etc to cable iac in the software, and also tried a different operating system, the vehicle wouldnt start.
    Im pretty sure the pcm had an issue before the conversion. I managed to get ahold of the correct cable throttle pcm, and all went ok.