Thread: fuel trims wont read

Tuner in Training

fuel trims wont read

im new to this but im wondering why wont my fuel trims read all they say is 0.0

What are you working with?

Have a log file and tune you can post?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'll get one when I get back to the house it's a stock 5.3 that I swapped into my 89 ram

You have a wiring issue with the o2 sensors, look at how little they move and at many times drop to nothing.

You have a OL Fault so it's stuck in open loop forever with no fuel trim corrections until you have get working o2 sensors again.

If you aren't running rear o2 sensors or cat converters anymore you will need to disable those codes and COT (cat over temp) in the tune.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Okay I'll go through the wiring harness and see what the problem is but why would it be both o2s also the fuse would've popped if there was a short

Tuner in Training
    log 2 closed loop.hpl

so when i put it in closed loop my fuel trims work

Yes, because you commanded the computer to do so.

You still have the Open loop fault on hand so it's never going to enter closed loop on it's own until you figure out the o2 sensor issues. Bank 1 is showing really lean as well from the commanded closed loop, +20-25% on the trims most of the time.

Double check power to the plugs, check the pins. Make sure you don't have the harness on backwards for the o2 sensors.

Tuner in Training
    it shows lean because a broken exhaust manifold bolt ill check everything out tomorrow and ill get back to you