Thread: 4.6L 2V tuning

Potential Tuner

4.6L 2V tuning

Looking for help kinda. I'm new to ford tuning and some of these tables don't make alot of sense. It dose not help that I'm timid as this is my daily and I'm just trying to see what she can do on a moderate tune.
    I have been working with the torque management tables of a 2007 ford crown Victoria police interceptor. During my logs I never see more then 80% throttle opening and the torque reading is "driver demand"
    There is a table in airflow under electronic throttle called "driver demand" with 2 options "wheel torque and engine torque" the graphs are rpm over pedal position the pedal position ranged from 12-600 but dose not say what measurement or value those numbers are. The graph uses lb-ft I'm assuming are estimated torque values the engine "can" make. The highest number in the graph is 401.23 at 5000rpmx600. So since this is under "driver demand" dose this mean I can Max the table and when I hit wot it's going to finally open the throttle 100% or with this make it go wot on startup?
    2010 Chevy Cobalt SS LNF - Injen CAI, Injen Charge pipe, ZZP Intercooler, ZZP Radiator, ARP Head Studs, Custom dyno HPTuned, Clutch Masters stage 4 6puck, Clutch Masters lightened flywheel, MeganRacing Street series Coilovers, Forged bov, (EFR 6758 coming soon)

Your torque is comming from the driver demand table.

You have 2 options wheel torque and engine torque. Only one is enabled i believe. Enable engine torque and adjust only the high areas. Try multiply by 10 or 15 percent. If you do it on lower areas you could see some wheel torque error.

Under engine electronic they might be a tab for your throttle body angle if its their set it to 90 degrees.

80% throttle is good enough as long as it stays their and it dont drop in wot

Also try posting your tune file

Potential Tuner
    No it's slowly climbs to 80% till 4200rpm then it declines back to 76% I added alot my timing from the stock file and it seems to have made it pull alot harder still no knock so I'm continuing I know I need to lean it out but I don't have a spare wideband at the moment. I will upload the file in the next few hrs just saying though this is my first experience with a Ford tune and it's alot different then GM any advise would be great. I'm not looking to make this car super fast just better then a stock cvpi it's a daily. 12k miles on a rebuilt motor and trans it runs strong and dose 120miles per day my mpg is around 26 average. Wot 65+ it feels like it just can't go anymore.

Are you sure you are logging knock? Some older ford model dont show knock on channel list

Tuner in Training
    i just installed a turbo in my 21011 POLICE INTERCEPTOR.. TODAY . IM AFRAID TO START IT UP..
    anyone have a tune for a turbo charged ford 4.65 already done so i don't mess my car up
    ??
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    On 275 / 70 r16 Hercules MT...
    CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK 2.5"
    Full Prisoner cage in back (for my dogs or my humans)
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV

Tuner in Training

herte is my fileszs

help
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    On 275 / 70 r16 Hercules MT...
    CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK 2.5"
    Full Prisoner cage in back (for my dogs or my humans)
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV

Tuner in Training
    At Wot u will see Tps around 76% its fully open u can check it
    remove intake turn ignition on
    press pedal fully and check it

update : 2017 post

Tuner in Training
    post a thread