Thread: 2007 Mustang GT - weird throttle / power limiter after cold/warm start, WOT and no go

2007 Mustang GT - weird throttle / power limiter after cold/warm start, WOT and no go

I've noticed on occaison that my 07 GT will seem limited on power after a cold/warm start. Basically I can be WOT and the engine isn't revving up. I looked at my datalogs and there's nothing out of the ordinary except the engine brake torque is very high (almost maxed out for my configuration) and air load is very high. It's a manual transmission, so there's nothing that should really be limiting me in terms of trans torque limiters.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. I did install new LU34A/Coyote injectors, BUT the engine runs normal/fine once the ECT is warmed up or about 10+ minutes of driving. And my GT did this weird limiting behavior when I had the stock injectors intermittently. I think it was related to the spark decel table at the time, I had run it very low for maximum exhaust burble.... but I looked at my logs for the past week (pre-Coyote injectors) and it had the low spark decel table w/o any weird behavior.

Again, I don't see any error messages. The datalogs look normal except I am able to peg out my engine brake torque / airload very early on. I can be WOT and the car barely moves. I'm almost afraid to merge into traffic.

The major recent changes are the LU34A injectors and a new set of tires and new TPMS sensors. But as I left Discount Tire with the new tires, the car ran fine. Once I flashed the ECU with the new tire revs/mile, I started getting this weird behavior. The IPC wheel torque error can also fluctuate.

Any ideas? And I didn't touch the torque tables.

Looks like the root cause were the Coyote injectors. I just couldn't get them to run right. Maybe that's how bigger injectors are supposed to feel, but it didn't feel right to me. I went back to the stock injectors and the street driveability was remarkably/insanely better.