Thread: Display both MPH & KPH? Value scale function?

Potential Tuner

Display both MPH & KPH? Value scale function?

Is it possible to display both miles per hour and kilometres per hour from the same data?
    I'm new to the software and can't see how to do it if it's possible, I also looked (a bit) for some sort of scaling function in order to make a KPH gauge (figured I could just multiple the PMH speed value by the correct constant).

Anyone know if it's possible?

Have used the search function here to no avail.

TIA!

Yes, you have two main options for displaying speeds in different units:

1) To convert the primary speed displays between MPH, km/h, knots, etc., click on the "Project Setup" button and change the "Preferred Speed Unit" setting.
    . a) If this doesn't work right, then the speed unit of the raw input data probably just isn't being recognized. You can correct that by double-clicking on the data file under the "Input Files" list, setting the "Vehicle Speed" selection, and then using the boxes to its right to convert it into the desired speed unit.

2) To display speed in two different units in the same project, you could set your primary unit as described in #1 above, and then create a Calculated Field for the second unit. Double-click on the data file under the "Input Files" list, then go down to the Calculated Field options and do the following:
    . a) Give it a name, such as "Speed - KM/H" or whatever you prefer
    . b) Set the "Input Field" selection to your speed data channel
    . c) Enter the conversion factor from that input's units into the units you want it displayed as. If it was in MPH and you want to see KM/H, then using the "Mile -> Km" will do this for you. Otherwise, you can select "Multiply" and enter the conversion factor.
    . . i) Please note that you may not be working with the raw data when selecting the speed input, as it could already be converted into your preferred unit. In most cases, your conversion factor here should be based on the unit it is actually displayed in (described in #1 above), rather than the unit of the raw data.
    . d) Click OK, and now you can go add a display object that's set to this calculated field you just created. (See the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section)

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much for your detailed and useful response, excellent support!
    I will look at both of those options, thanks again!

Potential Tuner
    @Weston@HPTuners - Thank you, your detailed instructions were very useful!

I thought I'd mention that I get an unhandled exception if there is no value in the final field for Calculated Field:

RR3 Exception.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Fast9 View Post
    I thought I'd mention that I get an unhandled exception if there is no value in the final field for Calculated Field:

RR3 Exception.PNG
    Thanks for letting me know... I'll get that fixed in the next update.