Thread: WB & O2 disagree

Tuner

WB & O2 disagree

WOT scans show my o2 voltage in the 990's range but WB says 11.5 or so. This is the LC-1 setup, so the nb isn't actually reading anything, but I'm just curious if it should be that far off between the two and if the nb reads that rich then how is it affecting my fueling?
    Also, the commanded at wot is 12.0 so I'm close. Still tuning.
    TIA guys for any suggestions - Jody
    Last edited by 00GTP; 06-17-2006 at 07:57 PM.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

I would not pay any attention to o2s as they are only correct at 14.7 to 1. will it not lean up at all?? Is your OLFA leaner than ur PE, it should be. Car will pick richest of the two.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner
    Well Dragman, I haven't yet attempted to lean it out since the wb reads alittle leaner than I would like. The nb being so rich and the wb being lean, I didn't know exactly what to do. Remember this is a V6 FI engine, so 11's are a bit lean at wot.
    I also don't know where to find the OLFA or if the v6's even have that pid. In the pe fuel base vs ect it is set to 12.10 above 68 degrees.
    And you're saying that the o2's at wot don't mean a thing? My question is this then: the pcm reads the o2 as 990's (rich), so how & would I need to adjust the pe fueling? Yet the wb says low 11's so leaning it out according to the o2 could cause me problems if the wb is correct.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

Senior Tuner
    What's the inconsistency? Both say you're pegged rich,
    one bothers to give details.

How close you come to commanded is another matter.

So is how much to trust the wideband accuracy, it is
    only an instrument and as good as its cal.

Sensors only tell you about chemical balance, they
    don't judge whether it's rich -enough-. If you know
    that 11.5 is too lean for you why is PE short? Are you
    using the EQ Ratio table (open loop fuel air vs pressure
    ve MAP or whatever the V6 has, to follow boost? How
    does that relate to observed commanded? You can log
    commanded fuel air multiplier or AFR in "V8 world". It
    will tell you what you really said, whether it matches
    PE (for RPM) or OLFA (for MAP) or something else (like
    our friend cat overtemp protection) is driving.

Tuner
    Yes jimmy, you are correct. I wasn't sure that the wb being so close to the afr I want at wot, if adjusting fuel alittle bit would bring those huge o2 #'s down or not.

also..dont expect the narrrowband O2's to match anything on a modded engine...anything that changes teh temperature of teh exhaust will throe them off..even at wht is supposed to be 14.7 they are going to be off on a modded car
    a wideband is going to be your only accurate device.....and even that has to be calibrated correctly to work right...
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    a wideband is going to be your only accurate device.....and even that has to be calibrated correctly to work right...
    How do I go about making sure the lc-1 is calibrated correctly then?

follow teh instructions that came with your LC1 for calibrating a new sensor for first time use
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Did that. So I must assume the wb is correct and to tune from there. But engine starting rod knocking last nite so tuning is gonna take a back seat.