Thread: Help 07 Jeep Rubicon

Tuner in Training

Help 07 Jeep Rubicon

I am still just too much of a rookie! I own a 2007 Jeep Rubicon 3.8l with a Ripp supercharger (Vortec v3) I have had an HP Tune from someone else before I started messing with it. it has the larger injectors in it that came from Ripp, and the other mods that came with the kit except for the meth injection is removed. Anyway it idles horrible and long cranking time when hot. These drivability issues have been going on ever since the HP Tune has been on it. Had the Diablo on it months ago and it was worse. Does anyone have a base tune or something on this? I'm obviously not ready to handle this on my own until I study more. I did record a scan, ill try to figure how to upload if needed.
    Thank you.
    Bryan

Tuner in Training
    What does Idles horrible mean? Is it rough does it miss, hunt all over or what.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it was hunting, but I got lucky. I made some timing, pulse width and boost changes. Blocked the EGR and raised idle to 800 rpm. so far so good. I have to be carful though, for some reason I'm missing how to bring the rev limiter down. so it will rev over 6000 if I let it. It idles and runs really well now.

Advanced Tuner
    there are quite a few threads on here about Ripp and Spintex supercharged 3.8's that people have posted tunes in. If you search Jeep in this section you should be able to find them.