Thread: Race Render disappeared after I upgraded to 3.5.7a

Tuner in Training

Race Render disappeared after I upgraded to 3.5.7a

Running MAC OS 10.12.5
    Race Render disappeared after I upgraded to 3.5.7a

I was running 3.5.6 perfectly fine and when I opened the program I received the prompt to upgrade, which I did as I have done many times now with upgrades.
    The installer runs and goes through the motions then says "installation complete". But now the actual application is gone. It's not in the applications folder or anywhere on the computer. It's like the update uninstalled the program but all the folders still exist.

I tried installing it again, and again it says install complete, but there's no application to double click on to open the program.

I tried installing 3.5.6 from an install package that I still had in the download folder, same result as above.

Where's my program gone??

This happens on occasion to some Mac systems, where's Apple's installer package tool some some issue running the script that moves RaceRender 3.app into your system's root Applications folder. It's a very elusive problem, as it only seems to affect a few systems, and it's often only intermittently.

If running the installer again doesn't work, an easy solution is to download the Manual Install Package from here: http://RaceRender.com/RR3/RaceRender357a.zip

All you need to do for Mac is open up that .zip file, drag & drop its "RaceRender 3" application into your system's main "Applications" folder, and finally drag & drop the "RaceRender 3" folder (which contains Styles, Templates, etc.) into your user Documents folder.