Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: HP Tuners - VCM Suite 3.6 Released

Potential Tuner
    Quick question. I have less settings to adjust after this update. what did I do wrong? like under idle setting I only have target idle speed and only one setting for power enrich. its almost pointless to have the tuning now unless I have done something wrong.. please let me know.

It put you back in basic view. Just change it under the edit tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Sir!!

Guys, Dumb question but how do you update a version of the software ? Do you need to uninstall then reinstall ? I don't see an update program. My version is VCM Editor 3.6.26 is this the latest ? Thanks

If an update was available you'd just download it from your customer page, it does it for you with no uninstalling required.

3.6.26 is the latest, been like that for since sometime last summer or something. There is a beta version but most don't require that, mainly for really new stuff or testing stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachs View Post
    Guys, Dumb question but how do you update a version of the software ? Do you need to uninstall then reinstall ? I don't see an update program. My version is VCM Editor 3.6.26 is this the latest ? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If an update was available you'd just download it from your customer page, it does it for you with no uninstalling required.

3.6.26 is the latest, been like that for since sometime last summer or something. There is a beta version but most don't require that, mainly for really new stuff or testing stuff.
    I'm wondering the exact same thing when trying to update to VCM Suite 4.0 from 3.6.26. There is no "update" option when VCM Editor 3.6.26 is open, and nothing in my HPT account. Should I uninstall 3.6.26 and install 4.0? Or should I just install 4.0?

You do not need to uninstall 3.6

When you install 4.0, it will automatically uninstall and upgrade 3.6 for you.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    You do not need to uninstall 3.6

When you install 4.0, it will automatically uninstall and upgrade 3.6 for you.
    Thank you! I appreciate the quick response and help.