Thread: Cannot change shift points.. Please help '05 300C

Cannot change shift points.. Please help '05 300C

Hey guys. Trying to tune my friends '05 Chrysler 300C and no matter what I do I cannot change the shift points whatsoever. I have tried both lowering the shift points and putting them through the roof and I get nothing but a 5500 RPM shift. I've raised Engine RPM limit, TCM limit along with Normal and WOT shift points. I've tried enabling the autostick features and trying different combinations but that doesn't change a thing either. What am I missing?

Any and all help is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I always lower the WOT Enable Pedal to 90% (stock is 98%)

Russ Kemp

Russ K, I tried lowering the WOT Enable Pedal, went as low as 85% and still no change. It seems as though the Tuner isn't able to make any changes to the TCM whatsoever. Can't figure this out at all.

Do you have any logs of this? Logging commanded gear, actual gear, output shaft RPM? What all is done to the engine, do you have an idea of power it makes? A couple things that you could maybe try, after doing some logs to verify. Raise the "Trans" max RPMs some more, I see you have for example 1-2 shift at 1725 RPM, which is 6210 engine RPM, you are not leaving much room for it to make that decision (based on a 6500 max) but under TQ management in "vs. gear" they are still set as what I can remember as stock, 560.55 for 1st and 2nd gears, is it possible the TCM is calculating more torque than that and because that's the "max allowed" it's deciding to make the shift no matter the output RPMs...?

And also, why are your TCC apply and release tables all crazy, looks like the converter will never lock?
    Last edited by Blue Bee; 06-10-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Do you have any logs of this? Logging commanded gear, actual gear, output shaft RPM? What all is done to the engine, do you have an idea of power it makes? A couple things that you could maybe try, after doing some logs to verify. Raise the "Trans" max RPMs some more, I see you have for example 1-2 shift at 1725 RPM, which is 6210 engine RPM, you are not leaving much room for it to make that decision (based on a 6500 max) but under TQ management in "vs. gear" they are still set as what I can remember as stock, 560.55 for 1st and 2nd gears, is it possible the TCM is calculating more torque than that and because that's the "max allowed" it's deciding to make the shift no matter the output RPMs...?

And also, why are your TCC apply and release tables all crazy, looks like the converter will never lock?
    Blue Bee, unfortunately I do not have any logs. The engine car is stock, there was a diablo trinity tuner married to the PCM before we decided to try out the HP tuner on the vehicle (we made sure to unmarry the diablo before writing the HP tune). With that tuner we are able to get the trans to shift when we want but with the HP tune no matter what I do it always shifts at 5500rpm, no matter what I set anything too. I've even tried maxing everything out and raising the point ridiculously high with no change. At first I though it was just the shift points but now I'm starting to think that any changes made to the TCM are not working. no matter how I write the TCM it just stays stock. Not sure why I'm not able to make any changes to the trans, all that changes with the Engine perimeters work perfectly and without issues.

That's kind of what I gathered from what you had said earlier, and by looking at the tune. It's plain and simply a HPT issue not actually writing anything. This may be something you email support about. I've heard of issues like this from previous tuners (Diablo) that were fixed by taking car to dealer and having pcm and TCM flashed it over flashed even if they didn't need an update. But again, HPT support can probably help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    That's kind of what I gathered from what you had said earlier, and by looking at the tune. It's plain and simply a HPT issue not actually writing anything. This may be something you email support about. I've heard of issues like this from previous tuners (Diablo) that were fixed by taking car to dealer and having pcm and TCM flashed it over flashed even if they didn't need an update. But again, HPT support can probably help you out.
    I ended up email support. Hopefully they can help me out with this.