Thread: I have 2 logs and the file, 2015 5.3 with a camshaft.

Advanced Tuner

I have 2 logs and the file, 2015 5.3 with a camshaft.

Guys first time tuning a cammed lt1, been tuning the ls motors but first cammed lt1 now this one its a little different I read and search around that for the idle its based on torque tables, timing.

The first log I have I had little trouble, was driving good but at high speed (40/50miles) on hard brakes the truck will shut down. I made some changes on the Advance Cranking/Start and the timing tables and improve way better. What else I'm missing any advice?. Tomorrow I will clean more the fuel and do some WOT pulls.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I did try it out right now gave it some gas hard and brake hard after 3/4 tries the truck shut down. I did notice that it turns on faster but it jumps like 100 rpms up and down for little bit.

Advanced Tuner
    Any advice/help, wish they had a RAF table it seems to me that's all I need just a little airflow can't figure out what calibrate.

There is a table very similar to the Base running airflow table..
    really to get timing where it should be the ECU needs to calculate LESS tq, since a cam makes the engine less efficient at idle.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    I'm getting to my lap top right now and would look around to get better airflow, would like to invest in the tuning school for this new LT1 but kinda pricey for right now. ��

start off by setting those min spark tables back to stock

Advanced Tuner
    Got that back to stock help the truck with the surge.

Advanced Tuner
    Here's a log of a quick idle, cruise and wot run. I'm only missing the idle on cruise I hate that the idle drops so much. I'm missing something, any advice? If any you guys does email tunes at least the idle, cruise mode ill pay for the file or time. It just frustrate me sometimes.
    Attached Files Attached Files