Thread: 2005 dodge ram unable to read

Potential Tuner

2005 dodge ram unable to read

First time posting here. I'm trying to read a 2005 dodge ram 5.7L, and every time it comes up with a message saying "Turn Ignition OFF. Wait 3 Seconds. Turn Ignition ON." I do that and then it says "Controller Unlocker: Timed Out". I've checked google and found one video of another 2005 dodge ram doing the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRwW7ECDFx8. Anyone come across a fix?

Tuner in Training
    Having the same EXACT problem right now i have already tuned this truck with 3.5 and 3.6, did an update and it is doing the same thing you are describing. Any word on a fix ???

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lost-tuning View Post
    First time posting here. I'm trying to read a 2005 dodge ram 5.7L, and every time it comes up with a message saying "Turn Ignition OFF. Wait 3 Seconds. Turn Ignition ON." I do that and then it says "Controller Unlocker: Timed Out". I've checked google and found one video of another 2005 dodge ram doing the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRwW7ECDFx8. Anyone come across a fix?
    Please open a support ticket.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have the exact same issue with my 2004 Hemi Ram. I sent in a support request. The exact same setup works great on my 2015 SRT Challenger. I expected the Ram to be easier. I wish someone would post a solution.

Potential Tuner
    Any update on the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSports View Post
    Any update on the solution?
    The solution may vary on a case by case basis. If you are having this issue, please open a support ticket. Make sure to attach a VCM Suite Infolog when emailing support.

For information on VCM Suite Infologs, see: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...acting-support

Sharmz
    o god do u have to send infologs for all dodge?. when its a credt based software u would think more would be supported, i have same issue on a couple models. worried this is a widespread problem :0 someone post a infolog to forum and lets see the respons given, i dont think the tiket system is the only way to do this, share the knowledge, maybe we can work on a PDF or spreadshet of the "unsupported models" hp claims are supported, 1:1 ticket system is just a way to be brushed under a rug silently, the less support tickets you take the more time you can spend to fix software, its almost 2018 and still unsupported 2005s, i would hopee you ironed bugs out by now, or cannot. I just think these caannots should be betterr documeennted, to save other people time, or maybe the haslle of buying a tool that is known not to work on a certain ecu
    Last edited by Sharmz; 12-28-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Having this problem with my 05 dodge ram 5.7 as well any info as the last officiaL post was in 2014??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillwizzard View Post
    Having this problem with my 05 dodge ram 5.7 as well any info as the last officiaL post was in 2014??
    The solution may vary on a case by case basis. If you are having this issue, please open a support ticket. Make sure to attach a VCM Suite Infolog when emailing support.

For information on VCM Suite Infologs, see: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...acting-support
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"