Thread: Gen lll truck converter locking issues

Tuner in Training

Gen lll truck converter locking issues

Good morning all,

Its a 99 chev 2500, gas 6.0L LQ4, single turbo, 4L80. I had done a bunch of reading in the past how the HD trucks lock the converter under full power in second and third. This is exactly what happening with my customers truck. I had read that someone on here can open the tune in EFI live and go into the tables that I do not have access to and fix the issue. I have no problems paying for this service to be done. Trying to get this done asap. For now I'm going to disabled. I have gone over the tune many many times and there is no reason why the converter should be locking at WOT. Its amazing how much faster the truck is with the converter unlocked, rpm is pulled down way to much when locked. I can use the scanner to shut it off completely. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

edit: this truck is SD

Thanks

Dave

blue cat trans tune changed.hpt
    Last edited by rtdavid; 06-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I emailed HP tuners support and they basically told me to come here and that there are no other tables that they know about.

Tuner in Training
    Was asked by hptuners support to see if any one has a efi live .bin file for my OS ID. please and thank you.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone? would really appreciate if someone could confirm what I'm thinking with efi live.

Tuner in Training
    im fighting my tcc in efilive. i would like to look at your file and compare the options, but i cant open it. i used to be able to open files in demo mode. has hptuners disabled this feature?