Thread: hellcat not shifting

hellcat not shifting

well I purchased a 2016 hellcat charger and went too far to soon.

my problem is the car hits the rev limiter in the 2-3 and the 3-4 shifts. I looked through the tables but im used to a LS3 corvette so they are obviously different. I attached the logs and tune. can anyone tell me where I need to look to fix the problem?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is the trans trying to make the shift but it's slipping? You need to log:commanded gear, actual gear and output shaft RPM to get an idea what's going on. To help with tuning the trans (if the trans is ok) lets take the "sports" table "0" under auto shift speed. The numbers are in output shaft RPM, so in your tune it's gonna shift at 1825 RPM, out of 2nd and into 3rd, 2nd ratio in the trans is 3.143, so 1825 X 3.143=5735 engine RPM, but here's the bitch, you will see that it commands it at that RPM but the shift takes place later, it's not exact. You will see this in the logs watching all the info, so you need to up those numbers in gradual steps and log where it shifts and get it where you need it. Like wise, 3>4 shift shows 2810, 3rd ratio is 2.106, 2.106 X 2810=5917 engine RPM, up it some and see where you land. Another problem is there is no way to log what table the computer is referencing, so I just pick a table modify and copy them all the same, for the numbered tables in each section. Once of course you know which section it's actually using...yea, it's not much fun, time consuming as all hell.

it isn't slipping, its just not shifting fast enough.

the track is open tonight so ill try to log the data you listed and see what that can tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Is the trans trying to make the shift but it's slipping? You need to log:commanded gear, actual gear and output shaft RPM to get an idea what's going on. To help with tuning the trans (if the trans is ok) lets take the "sports" table "0" under auto shift speed. The numbers are in output shaft RPM, so in your tune it's gonna shift at 1825 RPM, out of 2nd and into 3rd, 2nd ratio in the trans is 3.143, so 1825 X 3.143=5735 engine RPM, but here's the bitch, you will see that it commands it at that RPM but the shift takes place later, it's not exact. You will see this in the logs watching all the info, so you need to up those numbers in gradual steps and log where it shifts and get it where you need it. Like wise, 3>4 shift shows 2810, 3rd ratio is 2.106, 2.106 X 2810=5917 engine RPM, up it some and see where you land. Another problem is there is no way to log what table the computer is referencing, so I just pick a table modify and copy them all the same, for the numbered tables in each section. Once of course you know which section it's actually using...yea, it's not much fun, time consuming as all hell.
    just to be certain, when you say move them up you mean to lower the command rpm on the output shaft right?

Well this is what seems weird it should be shifting before you hit any rev limit, especially since you increased them. One thing I noticed that may be messing with you is you have fuel cut at the same RPM as all the limiters, including autostick. You should set that higher than the other limits, at least by 100 RPM, I'd try 200. That alone may fix your issue, if autostick is trying to shift at 6700 but the fuel cut is also at 6700...you get the idea. If you lower the commanded output RPM shift points it will shift sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Well this is what seems weird it should be shifting before you hit any rev limit, especially since you increased them. One thing I noticed that may be messing with you is you have fuel cut at the same RPM as all the limiters, including autostick. You should set that higher than the other limits, at least by 100 RPM, I'd try 200. That alone may fix your issue, if autostick is trying to shift at 6700 but the fuel cut is also at 6700...you get the idea. If you lower the commanded output RPM shift points it will shift sooner.
    awesome, ill try that and see how it goes.

How did it go at the track? Get your problem figured out?