Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.6.5 Scanner Still Freezing after WOT - Opened Support Ticket, no resolution

3.6.5 Scanner Still Freezing after WOT - Opened Support Ticket, no resolution

Im still getting BAD scanner freezes, usually get them second or two after going WOT... at first I thought it was something to do with the laptop accellerometer but then noticed it happens simply going WOT in neutral, I cant keep it floored long in neutral but when I let off, sure enough, scanner freezes. Noticed it first in gear doing WOTs. Happens ALLOT, 30-40% of the time? So right now this software is pretty useless for me.

Please Help

New laptop, Intel Core I6, 16gb RAM, SSD, happened on my old laptop also. Wondering if it started after I added the FPCM channels?

log attached, perfect example is right at second 6... it's right after I went WOT in neutral. Been having this problem for awhile. Also I cannot get Fuel Pump DC working in 3.6.5. I did get it working on the new laptop with 3.5.699 (same as my old laptop that it also works on) but took allot of messing with CONNECT AND DISCONNECT VEHICLE before those modules would show up... after trying to figure out why it wouldn't show up in ADD CHANNELS.

Re: [#82904]: HPTuners.com Support Contact Request - 10258
    On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 10:47 AM, HP Tuners Support <[email protected]>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-08-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Your ticket doesn't include a debug.dat

A debug.dat that shows the issue happening will be needed to diagnose.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Your ticket doesn't include a debug.dat

A debug.dat that shows the issue happening will be needed to diagnose.
    how exactly do I get a debug of the issue happening? Maybe debug should be saved in the log file?

among this, I have other problems:
    1) Fuel Pump DC not working, became flaky sometimes working sometimes not in last BETAs, sometimes being stuck at 99.7%, sometimes removing the channel and readding it would fix, but not that doesnt work at all, is just blank no matter what.

2) Now Desired FP stuck at 58psi where I have it set to drop to 55psi and it used to work, not just says 58psi.

3) Just scrolling through the logs the mouse thinger freezes every 2-3 seconds, for about a second or two. Just noticed simply scrolling up and down through the Channels list also freezes up the same way. Also scrolling along the bottom timeline does it sometimes too.

Is there something I should try first like repolling or something? I feel like one of those peope that do nothing but complain and seem like they are making up problems or dont know how to use a computer. 3.5 BETA Scanner USED to work perfect for me.

Who knows what else doesnt report right... these are just the two things I've been focusing on lately noticed they are all messed up. I think the only time they worked were the first releases after FPCM for Camaro LS3 2010... a bit after this I started noticing problems, but it was before 3.6.5.

UPDATE 1: Instant fix to the #3 above Channels scrolling problem by removing 3.6.5 and re-installing 3.5.699... lets see what else starts working...

UPDATE 2: Fuel Pump DC still doesnt work, even on either of the two LOAD VEHICLE or LOAD SAE defaults... I add Fuel Pump DC channel and it just hangs at 99.7% with same version that works on the old laptop. i repolled by deleting the entire Documents/HPT folder after removing software, then reinstalling software.

UPDATE 3: Finally got Fuel Pump DC working in 3.5.699 on NEW LAPTOP, but only after realizing the CAN Wideband also wasnt working after the reinstall, come to find out nothing but the ECU was being seen when I try to add channels (missing FPCM and CAN WB)... so after a few CONNECT VEHICLE/DISCONNECT VEHICLE, magically everything else on the CAN BUS showed up including the FPCM, and the CAN WB... then I was able to add Fuel Pump DC, and it worked!!! IT WORKED UNTIL I UPDATED TO 3.6.5, then Fuel Pump DC stopped updating completely... once again.

SO YES, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH 3.6.5, and likely versions after 3.5.699.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

There's one or more specific parameters in your channels that's likely screwing things up.

Support can help you provide the debug.dat

I have the same Channels file working on my old laptop, FP DC for example works perfect still on BETA 3.5.669. Moved this exact channels file to new laptop just now to be sure and it doesnt work on new laptop with current 3.6.5 installed, it is frozen at 99.6%. However it (FP DC) stopped working at some point after 3.5.669, it did work at first on new laptop when both laptops were on the same version.

I can see how scanner would freeze if it cant get info from these channels hopefully that's all it is, but why dont the channels from one laptop/HPT version work on a different Laptop (much faster) with newer version of HPT? Furthermore, I delete and re-add the FP DC channel and there are two in the list to re-add, but neither work. one gives no value, the other gives a value stuck at 99.7%.

BUT I cant roll back to 3.5.669 easy or I would try it on new laptop. I guess I could try removing 3.6.5 all together since I cant use it like this anyway.

Just Scrolling the Channels list up/down SLOWLY on the drag bar on the new Laptop/New 3.6.5 is choppy and freezes for about 1/2 second every second while scrolling... the mouse icon doesnt freeze, just the scroll bar... this doesn't happen on the old laptop/3.5.699.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-08-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Personally, if I have issues with the scanner - I remove all channels, then add one at a time, connect, start recording, make sure its (specific channel just added) working this helps diagnose which one is the cause of the grief.

Your debug.dat is located in DOCUMENTS/MY DOCUMENTS > HP TUNERS > SETTINGS

On a side note: I recommend re-polling on every vehicle.

updated post 3 with instant fix to the Channels scrolling problem by removing 3.6.5 and re-installing 3.5.699... lets see what else starts working...
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

UPDATE 2: Fuel Pump DC still doesnt work, even on either of the two LOAD VEHICLE or LOAD SAE defaults... I add Fuel Pump DC channel and it just hangs at 99.7% with same version that works on the old laptop.

i repolled by deleting the entire Documents/HPT folder after removing software, then reinstalling software. FP DC still not working on new Laptop, works on old laptop. Very strange. Seems like the FPCM channels arent right yet. I wonder if these are causing my WOT freezes.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-08-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

UPDATE 3: Finally got Fuel Pump DC working in 3.5.699 on NEW LAPTOP, but only after realizing the CAN Wideband also wasnt working after the reinstall, come to find out nothing but the ECU was being seen when I try to add channels (missing FPCM and CAN WB)... so after a few CONNECT VEHICLE/DISCONNECT VEHICLE, magically everything else on the CAN BUS showed up including the FPCM, and the CAN WB... then I was able to add Fuel Pump DC, and it worked!!! IT WORKED UNTIL I UPDATED TO 3.6.5, then Fuel Pump DC stopped updating completely... once again.

SO YES, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH 3.6.5, and likely versions after 3.5.699 with the FPCM logging channels. I bet removing all FPCM related channels especially ones related to the Fuel Pump will stop my freezing during WOT issue.

UPDATE: On the bright side, the freezing issue doesnt appear to happen with my 2016 Silverado 5.3, with tons of channels... just the Camaro LS3 2010
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-09-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

There's one or more specific parameters in your channels that's likely screwing things up.

Support can help you provide the debug.dat
    I submitted the debug yesterday with log file showing the freeze, and have since removed ALL FPCM PIDS and no more freezes PHEW, So must be the FPCM channels messing it up.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Sounds like you're onto something. See if you can isolate it to a specific parameter or small group of parameters.

Sounds like you're onto something. See if you can isolate it to a specific parameter or small group of parameters.
    Start with "Fuel Pump DC", that one just does not work in 3.6.5. If you get that working then I'll see if it freezes up.

I had 4, still cant get just Fuel Pump DC working. I removed them all and now it's freeze-free, for real. not one freeze in the same amount of time I would have had 20 freezes.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

As of Yesterdays 3.6.18 or whatever, Fuel Pump DC still doesn't report anything (blank).
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Submit a ticket with your reduced channel list, describe the problem. Replicate the problem and include a log showing the problem, as well as a debug.dat.

You'll also need to include a vcm suite info log connected to the vehicle in question.

Submit a ticket with your reduced channel list, describe the problem. Replicate the problem and include a log showing the problem, as well as a debug.dat.

You'll also need to include a vcm suite info log connected to the vehicle in question.
    I did few times. Just add Fuel Pump DC, it doesnt work. I did all of this. Should I redo and add new logs or are the old ones ok? Im also not getting responses to the emails, figured I would at least get an OK, something so I know they see them.

I tried it again this morning, just added Fuel Pump DC to my channels list and nothing shows up, so I removed it. Not only does it not work, when it's added I get the freezing.

to: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    date: Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:25 PM
    subject: Re: [#82904]: HPTuners.com Support Contact Request - 10258

Debug Log Fuel Pump DC.PNG
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-13-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Submit the issue you've found, the description and files, to your ticket.

Reply with your ticket #.

It's impossible to fix these isolated issues on the forum, they must go through the ticketing system.

i know, but i have emailed them to support. I'll make new ones and resend, I'll post here with the send date/time

thanks

sent all new files at 6:38pm today... also sent log of just the 1 and 2 problem channels alone.

to: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    date: Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 6:38 PM
    subject: Re: [#82904]: HPTuners.com Support Contact Request - 10258
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Still waiting for any response. Havent used scanner since last week, last night I enabled "Powerhop" to see if that would reduce my wheelhop, wrote entire, now my "Service Stabilitrak" was on all the way to work, and my scanner stops logging after 38 seconds, two times in a row, havent tried a third time.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-22-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuning Addict
    Get 3.7 - scanner seems to be working much better for me at least. 3.6 is "sticky" if that's the best way to phrase it?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC